• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Basic trauma kit contents?

Boring
7F5B1B58-E0E1-4DC4-BFE2-E486F698DCB4.gif

I keep an IFAK on my battle belt specifically for plugging holes.
I keep a military IFAC kit in both of my vehicles. It isn't for cuts and scratches, but to keep a severely injured person alive until medical personnel can take over. I attended several classes on the use of the IFAC kit taught by an emergency room doctor who had served in Iraq. There are several military training videos on You Tube showing the proper use of these kits. It was much better to get hands on.training with the contents of these kits.

Lots of good kit sites that sell IFAK type kit as well as list contents where you can build your own.
Dark Angel Medical
North American Rescue
Skinny Medic
Adventure medical
Etc

At least having basi trauma/bleed kits around is easy and not very expensive

Adventure Medical Kits Trauma Pak with QuikClot https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003BS2PW...abc_WNEY7N7R79PESJ30CZG3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Lots of great suggestions here. As a Stop the Bleed instructor, I just wanted to ensure you have a quality tourniquet in your bag. The CAT or Combat Application Tourniquet is the way to go. They were designed for the US Army in 2005 and are designed to be used one handed. They cut down deaths from bleeding out by 85% and I personally know of soldiers who’ve used them in battle and survived. Don’t go for the cheapest on Amazon, get a good quality tourniquet. The cheap ones have been known to break. The windlass rod might break or the stitching may fail. Don’t be cheap on this life saving device. Just like quick clot, get the best. You’ll also need lots of gauze to pack the wound before applying the tourniquet. You only need to apply the tourniquet if the bleeding fails to stop after you’ve packed the hell out of the wound. Obviously, a severed limb is a different story, you go straight to the tourniquet. Speaking of quick clot, there are now great hemostatic gauzes on the market that work without pouring anything into the wound. If you do get a hemostatic agent to put into the wound, make sure it’s the type that doesn’t generate heat.

Attachments

• 75E80876-B738-4BD9-9AE3-E786DE0E050B.jpeg
    75E80876-B738-4BD9-9AE3-E786DE0E050B.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom