• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Basic Precision Rifle Course, Oct 10-11, Pelham TN

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
194   0
Reaction score
Precision Applications, LLC will be conducting a 2-day Basic Precision Rifle Course on October 10-11, 2020 at the Elk River Training Center in Pelham TN on their 1,000 yard range.

4626 SR 50
Pelham TN 37366

Both days will start at 0800hrs Central Standard Time and run until approximately 1700hrs CST. There will be a 1 hour lunch break each day.

Cost for the course is $600. Limited to 10 students.

DAY 1
Topics covered will include (but aren't limited to):
Selection, care and maintenance of the entire system (rifle, scope, rings, mounts, ammunition, bipod, cases, etc.). This includes a comprehensive disassembly and other Armorer's tips.
Marksmanship basics
Use of optics (including adjustments and all other functions)
Use of data book
Zeroing
CCB/CHB/HFB
We’ll shoot to approximately 500 yards on Day 1.

DAY 2
Use of a mil- and MOA-based reticles for ranging unknown distance targets.
Use of hold-offs as compared to dialing dope.
We will pick up where we left off on Day 1, and continue out to 1,000 yards. I will be working with each shooter to fine tune their skills and fix any issues they have.

We will shoot in 2 relays, so one relay can learn the proper techniques that a Spotter needs to assist the Shooter. All students will shoot to 1,000 yards.

Gear list will include:
Rifle capable of 1MOA. Bolt actions and semi-automatics are both welcome
Quality optics. The following features are mandatory on the optic:
-Finger adjustable turrets with audible/tactile “clicks”, MOA or mil are fine
-Ranging reticle, mil or MOA based are both acceptable
Ammunition, 200 rounds. Ammunition must be "match grade" from a reputable manufacturer, or known handloads of equal or better accuracy
Data book w/ calculator (any calculator that multiplies and divides will work. I highly recommend the Storm Tactical modular rite in the rain databooks)
Rifle-mounted bipod, or front rest
Rear bag(s) (optional)
Shooting mat (optional)
Minimum 5 “dummy” rounds
Spotting scope (optional)
Eye and ear protection
Clothes and footwear appropriate to the weather. If it rains, we train, as long as there is no thunder/lightning.
If you are military/LE, it is preferred that you use your duty gear, body armor and other ancillary equipment that you will use on duty. Train like you fight!

ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Contact me prior to enrolling and let me know what rifle and optic you plan on using.

2. It is preferred that your rifle be fully assembled and sighted in with a recent 100 yard zero prior to the class. The zero must be done with the ammunition that you will be using in the class. I offer my services for free to any of my students who need assistance with any rifle or optics work, or zeroing, that they may need.

3. Ammunition must be “match grade” from a known manufacturer, or handloads that you have shot out of the rifle you are bringing to the class and are sure of their accuracy.

4. A bipod or ruck to shoot off, as well as a rear bag. For a bipod, I highly recommend the Harris BRM-S (6”-9”, notched leg, swiveling). I have bipods and rear bags to loan during the course.

5. If you don't have some sort of adjustable cheekpiece, or cheekpad, I recommend one. The comb of your stock needs to be high enough that your cheek bone rests on it naturally when you have a perfect sight picture, not your jawbone or the middle of your cheek. Ask several of my former students and they'll tell you this makes a HUGE difference.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about any of your gear. I would rather sort the problems out ahead of time than have you show up at the class with gear that won't work, or that is set up wrong.

We have plenty of equipment, including rifles and optics, to loan or rent. Just let me know what you need.

If you are a LEO, contact me about POST credit.

Other than confirming 100yd zeroes, all targets will be reactive steel.

Semper Fi!

Back
Top Bottom