• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Baseball/Football cards

If you got any 86-87 Fleer Basketball unopened packs/boxes then your sitting on a gold mine. Most other products from the 80's were mass produced.

If you got any 86-87 Fleer Basketball unopened packs/boxes then your sitting on a gold mine. Most other products from the 80's were mass produced.
I'm going to have to find them and see what I have. I also have cards from the 70s. I haven't looked at them in over 10 years. Going to have to go hunting now!

I have thousands of cards. Some are catalogued and some are not. I know I have some worth some $$$. Maybe some day I’ll find time to go through them again.

If your cards are mostly vintage in nature (Pre-1970) then there is likely more value to be had. But condition plays a huge part in that equation as well. Unfortunately, most stuff from the 80's thru the early 2000's were widely available and produced and not worth a great deal anymore. There are always exceptions for each sport like with the star players of the modern era, i.e. Gretzky, Jordan, Magic, Jeter, Ripken, Montana, etc but so much of that stuff from 25 and 30+ years ago saturated the market and only carries so much value depending on condition and product type. If you have unopened boxes then there is still a decent level of value to be had based on the year, company and sport.

So like the OP I have boxes of these from the 80's as well. They were opened and put into individual sleeves or left in whole years size boxes. I have no desire to keep them any longer and since I'm refinishing the basement they are now in the way. Does any one still buy/want them? If turns out they aren't worth anything I'll just donate them to the local landfill.

Sent from my BV9800Pro using Tapatalk

Look on ebay for completed auctions for the cards or packs that you have. You'd be amazed at what some of the 50's and 60's and earlier stars are going for. If you are thinking of having them graded by PSA, just understand that they are 6 to 8 months behind so it'll be a long time before you get them back.

If you go to PCGS.com and visit their message boards you can find one about trading cards and the trends there. You can also check out blowoutcards.com and read their boards. Lots of action and big dollars being paid for either the best of the most wanted.

Personally I collect mostly non-sports cards from the 50's and before and they are rising quickly in price.

I have a couple big binders full of cards from the 80's. I just stored them away and plan on showing the grandkids one day. They'll say "ooooh, ahhh, cool" for maybe 3 minutes (30years from now), lol.

Every kid in the 80's had binders of those cards. My Dad had many boxes from when he was a kid but Grandma pitched them all :shocked: