• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Barrel threading

Don't have the rifle as of yet. If I can't order one with the thread pitch I want, I will have to sacrifice the barrel that comes with the rifle. But say I have the original barrel, can I re-thread a different pitch without cutting off the existing pitch? If needed I'll PM.

Yep. As long as it can be grabbed in the lathe. Is the barrel currently installed on something?

Don't have the rifle as of yet. If I can't order one with the thread pitch I want, I will have to sacrifice the barrel that comes with the rifle. But say I have the original barrel, can I re-thread a different pitch without cutting off the existing pitch? If needed I'll PM.

More than likely not, although that is possible at times. It depends on what the current thread is, and what you want to switch to.

1-14 to 7/8×14

From my machinist buddy, who would be the one doing the work:

A 14 pitch is about .063" deep so that means .1253” would have to be cut off which would put you right at 7/8" or .875” theoretically. Very close but possible.

10-4, I'll keep you posted. Maybe secure an approximate price if possible.

From my machinist buddy, who would be the one doing the work:

A 14 pitch is about .063" deep so that means .1253” would have to be cut off which would put you right at 7/8" or .875” theoretically. Very close but possible.

Back
Top Bottom