• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Barrel cut & threading

chooter91

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
32   0
Reaction score
I’ve got an 8” barrel I need cut down to about 6.5”, recrowned, threaded 1/2x28, and if possible the tapered shoulder added back to the profile once it’s cut down. Any shops you guys recommend that I might could mail it to if they aren’t local to me in lagrange? My local shop can do it but they want over $200 for the job and it’s not important enough to me to spend that much.

Attachments

• 8BD657ED-2C35-4E87-8471-3EFC44AF2383.jpeg
    8BD657ED-2C35-4E87-8471-3EFC44AF2383.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 37
Fast, Cheap, Right.....pick two.

I don't let anyone touch my stuff except for Nonliberal Nonliberal Mr. Dobbs Defense himself.
Thank you sir, and I'm local to Lagrange. I'm covered up right now and haven't been shopping for smithing work in a long time.

Op, if you can't find someone else you want to do it and you can wait a week or two, I'll help you out.

I probably should go up on my price as I haven't in a decade but a cut and thread on a naked barrel has always been $100 job to me.

That being said, the contour part of it will be difficult since there is no material there to do it with. Maybe I misunderstood

Thank you sir, and I'm local to Lagrange. I'm covered up right now and haven't been shopping for smithing work in a long time.

Op, if you can't find someone else you want to do it and you can wait a week or two, I'll help you out.

I probably should go up on my price as I haven't in a decade but a cut and thread on a naked barrel has always been $100 job to me.

That being said, the contour part of it will be difficult since there is no material there to do it with. Maybe I misunderstood
I’ll send you a pm

Cagle's Custom Guns in Roanoke, AL does a great job. He is a home based FFL that does excellent gunsmithing. If interested let me know and I will send you his number.

Back
Top Bottom