• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Baked squash

We grew both this year and had a bumper crop, so yes. Cubed and baked butternut until it was starting to get tender. Seared a half a boneless deer loin I had marinated in soy sauce, garlic, sugar and beef broth in a cast iron skillet. Put on top of the squash with a chunk of butter and a bit of maple syrup, baked for another 20 minutes at 225. Rested for 15 minutes, perfect Med rare, used pan juices as a specs. Wife is not a deer steak fan but said it was one of the best pieced of meat she had ever eaten.

We grew both this year and had a bumper crop, so yes. Cubed and baked butternut until it was starting to get tender. Seared a half a boneless deer loin I had marinated in soy sauce, garlic, sugar and beef broth in a cast iron skillet. Put on top of the squash with a chunk of butter and a bit of maple syrup, baked for another 20 minutes at 225. Rested for 15 minutes, perfect Med rare, used pan juices as a specs. Wife is not a deer steak fan but said it was one of the best pieced of meat she had ever eaten.
Thanks, I’m fresh out of venison but I guess I’ll sit out this evening and tomorrow morning...

Me too :hungry:

I like em baked too .

Also like em stewed with onions and love me some good ole fashioned squash casserole :hungry:
IMG_0838.JPG
IMG_0839.JPG
I do to!

Acorn squash cut in half, gutted, baked with a generous heap of brown sugar and butter in each half. Your welcome.

Back
Top Bottom