• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bacon, brown sugar, cajun wrapped chicken

I think this recipe wins the cooking section!

Made it again tonight at the firehouse...

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_10_11_02d51cf7e83a69a098ca5d64b6a850e2.jpg

Ok, so they're in the oven! But for the life of me I couldn't find the Kroger brand Cajun seasoning. I found the McCormick and had to use that. I don't know if the jars were the same size and if I used enough. But they're cooking and smell good, lol. I found Kroger Creol seasoning, but that's not the same thing right?

GeauxLSU GeauxLSU - What's the difference between Creol and Cajun seasoning?

The McCormick jar was 2.25 oz and the spice was hot, but wasn't red pepper only, I could taste there was other stuff in there...

Let ya's know...

There's just the two of us, so this should be plenty.
I put the thighs back in for another 5 minutes, they were just shy of 160 degrees after 30 minutes.
So OP saying 35 minutes was right on.
image.jpeg

Lessons learned - use way more Cajun seasoning, it's really tasty, use enough to really taste it. Don't double the bacon anywhere, the layer underneath won't cook as well. I think next time I'll start them under the broiler and when that side crisps up nice, I'll put them in the oven at 350 to let the meat cook through and the other side of the bacon crisp up nice.

It would not have been a problem, if I would have cooked them on the grill outside. At least I think not .....

Last edited:
Ok, so they're in the oven! But for the life of me I couldn't find the Kroger brand Cajun seasoning. I found the McCormick and had to use that. I don't know if the jars were the same size and if I used enough. But they're cooking and smell good, lol. I found Kroger Creol seasoning, but that's not the same thing right?

GeauxLSU GeauxLSU - What's the difference between Creol and Cajun seasoning?

The McCormick jar was 2.25 oz and the spice was hot, but wasn't red pepper only, I could taste there was other stuff in there...

Let ya's know...
"Creole" is more fancy. :laugh: There's no real difference when it comes to commercialization of 'Cajun' or 'Creole' anything. Basically it's just hot. TOO hot. Cajun food is about a lot more than cayenne pepper. In any case....
If you want a good all around Cajun/Creole seasoning, get a container of this.
https://tonychachere.com/Original-Creole-Seasoning-Multi-Pack
It's sold everywhere, Kroger, Publix, even WalMart.

It's "magic" dust and it's a staple down there and used on most everything. :hungry:

Back
Top Bottom