• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Backyard gun range.

Who’s out on their range????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be me!
d2bb12eb4dbb1fb3447cdd097dc106e0.jpg

2f4c10cb168bd90cb328cee045322934.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good looking set up! Would you mind posting details? Width, height, construction materials, and range distance.
I have been wanting to build a similar backstop at my backyard range.

Backstop & wing walls are old phone poles that we stacked. Lined that with something like landscape fabric before filling with dirt. I'm guessing we are prob. 20'W by 8'D. The hanging rail for the plates is just a top rail for chain link fencing or some EMT/conduit. I'm not sure on the plates & the J-hooks (my cousin provided them).
At this range we have the room for just over 100 yard. When we shoot closer than safe for plates, we move over to paper targets clipped to a rope (or old cardboard boxes).
When we want to stretch it out, we mover over to another range that accommodates about 600 yds.
We're lucky to have a good place to waste a lot of money on target ammo.

Backstop & wing walls are old phone poles that we stacked. Lined that with something like landscape fabric before filling with dirt. I'm guessing we are prob. 20'W by 8'D. The hanging rail for the plates is just a top rail for chain link fencing or some EMT/conduit. I'm not sure on the plates & the J-hooks (my cousin provided them).
At this range we have the room for just over 100 yard. When we shoot closer than safe for plates, we move over to paper targets clipped to a rope (or old cardboard boxes).
When we want to stretch it out, we mover over to another range that accommodates about 600 yds.
We're lucky to have a good place to waste a lot of money on target ammo.
Thank you! Good info.

Back
Top Bottom