• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Backup In 9mm

I don’t think it’s hit the stores yet but I’d look at the new SCCY DVG-1...10 rounds double-stack and looks smaller than the older brother CPX-1 or 2.... Otherwise, the Sig P365 is great...I use it for EDC with a Vedders IWB holster but occasionally carry in a cross:draw position with a belly band holster at the midriff position under my shirt...it is a VERY small piece of hardware for 10+1 and I actually carry with the 12 round mag...it fits my hand well and doesn’t print at all on my 6’2” 185 lb framework....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another vote for the double tap 9. Two absolutely reliable contact shots should be enough to gain the advantage if you are physically able for a fight. If you are past the fighting age, a 5 shot revolver is almost as reliable and plenty to take care of a mess without getting your knuckles scraped.

My vote is Shield. Great accuracy for a small pistol. I owned the ruger and disliked the trigger and owned the 365 and "might" buy the XL if I I had a chance to range test it. 365 is a pistol I won't trust my life to. 938 is nice if you are use to flipping off a safety. I'm not. have not owned the G43 but figure its not much different than other blocks. My pocket pistol is SW 642

Can I ask why you feel it is a necessity to carry a back up gun?
Because **** happens, guns have catastrophic failures, you get shot and drop your primary, bad guy wrestles for your gun, you need to arm a friend. Carrying a backup gun is a good idea, make sure you carry medical too.

I'd look for a backup that takes the same mags as your primary, otherwise the caliber doesn't much matter. Glock 19 primary and Glock 26 in an Ankle Glove backup is a good choice.

Mossberg comes with a plastic see through magazine. That and the fact its Mossberg's first real attempt at a handgun is enough to keep me from ever owning one.

P365 or LC9s or Glock 43 are probably the smallest good 9mm options. Anything smaller than that and you give up either 9mm or reliabilty or both.

I CARRY A 365 SIG FOR EVERYDAY CARRY IN A STICKY POCKET HOLSTER ! GREAT TRIGGER AND EXTREAMLY ACCURATE ! I QUALIFIED MONDAY WITH IT AND WAS EXCELLANT EVEN TO 25 YARD LINE ! TIGHT GROUP ! I CARRY 12 ROUND MAGS 1 IN GUN AND 2 IN POCKET WITH 1 IN CHAMBER 37 ROUNDS ! WORKS GOOD ON HEAD SHOTS OUT TO 25 YARD LINE ! GOING TO SEE WHAT IT DOES AT 35 HARD TO BEAT ! JUST MY 2 CENTS WORTH ! IF I WAS GOING CARRY A BACK UP IT WOULD BE ANOTHER ONE LIKE IT !

Can I ask why you feel it is a necessity to carry a back up gun?
Because I have the worst luck and a backup ensures you gave your best shot .

I always carry two. Recently these two have been primary . The 42 is easy to hide and make essential shot placement
46183A8C-DE2E-4A2B-A651-4DB05E755D46.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom