• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Backpack <Survival> Help

ADAM

Eagle Icon Supporter
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score
Which brand backpack do y'all recommend is the best at the right price for hunting, survival , hiking..whatever you want in the woods?

mmmmm
Lmao!!

I really do like my Alice packs. I need a frame for my small one and my big one stays packed with my Hammock, wool blanky, evreything else to a small stove and my axe! As soon as I get or make a frame for my small one that will be my hunting pack...............

I really do like my Alice packs. I need a frame for my small one and my big one stays packed with my Hammock, wool blanky, evreything else to a small stove and my axe! As soon as I get or make a frame for my small one that will be my hunting pack...............
10-4 thought ya was kiddin..say where's the best place to get em, first I've heard or them..eBay?

10-4 thought ya was kiddin..say where's the best place to get em, first I've heard or them..eBay?

I got both of mine at a Army surplus for $35 with only one frame. That of course is a great deal they were closing down. Just keep checking the Surplus stores/sights and you will find a good deal!!!!

OK Jbum...I'll bite.

Sure they're great for smurfs and internet rangers.
Comfort and proper weight distribution were not considerations in ALICE pack design.
Unless you are 5'4" tall.

Check Backpacker magazine, then go try some on.
Proper fit to your torso length is crucial, so the belt hits your hips to take the load off your shoulders (and back).

Next check that the belt and shoulder straps have good padding.

I have an external frame pack designed by Sportsman's Guide. It's big, light and well organized.
But most people want internal frames for no good reason.

Back
Top Bottom