• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Backpack gun cases for hunting

HERMET

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
56   0
Reaction score
Looking for a new backpack type gun case or slip.
I've been eyeballing this one from Britain which I really like because of the thick padding and leather reinforcing.
Screenshot_20201102-231130_Chrome.jpg
I've been looking for others from American companies without much luck.
Anybody using these for hunting and if so what kind and from where?

This is the one I've been using, it's ok but a little thin on padding and I really don't like the single strap sling carry.
A hard or bulky case really isn't practical for trekking from location to location.
Screenshot_20201103-074334_Chrome.jpg

A year or two ago I needed a new case, preferably one that would hold two guns with a padded separator.

After a week or two of on-again-off-again research I discovered that almost all of the ones sold here, regardless of brand (SafariLand, etc) are made in China.

I think I ended up with this one (mine has different looking pockets, so they may have changed something).

https://www.americanmountainsupply....cal-rifle/gray-wolf-freedom-double-rifle-case

Screenshot_20201103-092633_Amazon Shopping.jpg
This one looks promising. Found it on Amazon, half the price of the British one but probably half the quality as well.

American Mountain Supply and Lynx say that they are Made in America.

There's another company out of Florida (near Orlando??) that used to be regulars at gun shows. They were Made in the USA as well. I don't recall their name.

Back
Top Bottom