• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Back When I Should Have Bought!

Stuckon22

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Look a Man Straight in His Hairy Eyeball!
238   0
Reaction score
Land in Ga. was 400-500 an acre and military surplus rifles were in barrels at Roses for 49.95 and ShotgunNews had them cheap. Hindsight is 20/20.
1989-3-10 3_zpsfa2hvuoo.jpg

March 89 I was an ROTC Instructor in Jersey City.
Wasn't into MILSURPS much back then as much but had:

M1 Winchester Garand I picked up in the Baumholder Rod and Gun club back in 86 for about $450.

Best deal was a couple of nice P-08 Lugers for about $350 each. Gave one to a Navy SEAL buddy of mine and keeping the other for my son. My Dad got wounded in WWII and someone swiped his Luger.

Land in Ga. was 400-500 an acre and military surplus rifles were in barrels at Roses for 49.95 and ShotgunNews had them cheap. Hindsight is 20/20.View attachment 2576765
The thing about life...when your young you don't have spare money when your old you don't have the time.

I guess I’m a hated flipper and have been since my early 20s

In the early 90s (say 91-92ish) what was at the time Tucker Gun had a gunsale/show off location at the Outlet Mall near Gwinnett Place

I bought four $44 303 British Enfields with ammo and bandolier 50 ? corrosive rounds and bayonet and six $69 SKS with chicom ammo (180 ? Rounds) and bandolier cleaning kit bayonet etc.
(All matching numbers)

I would have bought more but it was all the money that I had at the time saved up after bills - I bought extra bandoliers with the money I had left short of buying another rifle - I left penniless

Family thought I had lost my mind - I used money that I was saving for a new car down payment - Friends thought I was nuts (Ha Ha sold some to them later on at a “friend you laughed at price”)

A very short time later Brady passed and I sold 2 SKS and recouped my investment plus some

All told I actually recovered nearly all my original investment with what I sold the ammunition for over time

Those 10 rifles started and funded the insanity that is my current collection

God Bless America & Capitalism & Supply and Demand

Land in Ga. was 400-500 an acre and military surplus rifles were in barrels at Roses for 49.95 and ShotgunNews had them cheap. Hindsight is 20/20.View attachment 2576765

My first center fire was a 303 British I think M4 Mk1 $13 at Duckets Army Store. Bought a 30 m1 carbine for $17.50 plus $2.50 shipping.

Back
Top Bottom