who would you use

• orthopedic surgeon

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • neurosurgeon

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • toughen up and deal with it!

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
I had a bulging disc repaired. My dad had the same surgery you are talking about. I would recommend a nuero I’ll be glad to chat with you about my experience if you like. Dr Tomoras did mine and my dads as well as a dozen other people I personally know from Canton.

I have had 3 back surgeries over the past 12 years and I am still in pain.
I used a highly recommended orthopedic in Newnan at Georgia Bone and Joint
12 years ago I had a bulged disk fixed with a laminectomy and discectomy at L4-L5 and L5-S1
I also have spinal stenosis.
I was good to go for 10 years and then I had major nerve pain across my lower back and down my legs so this time I had a fusion at L5-S1 2 years ago.
Since the fusion the pain has been bad but not as bad as it was before the fusion.
Last year I had a spinal stimulator installed in my back with wires in my spine that help conceal the pain signals to my brain.
I do not take any narcotics but I am on a strong nerve blocker and muscle relaxers.
I also see a pain doctor every month or two and I get shots every couple of months and I have had a nerve ablation at the L5 level.
I also have 3 herniation's between T1 and T4

My opinion is live with it as long as you can, when you cannot take it anymore then get the surgery, that is what I did.

PM me if you would like to call me and talk about it, there is a lot I am leaving out but I would be glad to chat about it.

Forget which area you are in and go to the Houston clinic in Columbus... I am so very thankful I did for anterior fusions with titanium cages and bone morphogenic protein 15 yrs ago!

Talked with the ortho again yesterday. She is wanting to do a nerve ablation before sending me to get cut. I guess that works for me after hearing the horror stories about surgery. Hopefully it helps and is not just another swing and miss.

Been there done that, more metal than a G17
my back side.jpg

Talked with the ortho again yesterday. She is wanting to do a nerve ablation before sending me to get cut. I guess that works for me after hearing the horror stories about surgery. Hopefully it helps and is not just another swing and miss.

Good luck, I have ablations every 6 months or so and they do help me some.

Back
Top Bottom