• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Back pain

Inversion helps tremendously. Once you get one you will never give it up.
Get a good one. Cheepies are not an option.
I have had one for a couple of decades.
Try salonpas. You can get it at .ost drug and food stores. It won't fix it. But, will give you some relief while you heal

Lower your sugar intake: Try a low carb regimen. If your back issue is due to injury / inflamation, the dietary chagne should reduce the inflamation and the pain will subside, either partially or completely.

Had a lower back injury back in the mid-1980s. Flared up a couple of times a year, debilitating at times; sore lower back most of my adult life. Started Keto eating regimen in 2018, haven't had a serious back episode since, and my back pain is dramatically reduced in everyday living.

1st off I read where you started running again? Possibly pulled muscles? And it could be a kidney stone, go see your general practitioner and start there.
I want to but I only ran once. No way I can run now. Tested it yesterday for about 5 strides and yeah..... NOPE! :doh: The pain 'might' coincide with the next day (3 mile run). I can't remember exactly. It was a very easy run so if that's what caused it, I'm in worse shape than I thought.

I ran a chainsaw and chipper yesterday until it whooped my butt. You are welcome to try and get the rest of your back, legs, arms, and hands screaming at you also if you want. On a more serious note, chiropractor will tell you to ice the area.

That would be a MAJOR challenge. Sugar, not so much but my diet is VERY carb heavy.

Anyone can manage it for a few days to a week. Treat yourself to steaks, eggs, bacon, etc. Don't eat any bread or pasta, and nothing that is sugary (tea, ice cream, candy).

Just an experiment, to see if it helps you. You might find you are motivated to do it, if the relief is substantial. And once you get used to it, it's an easy lifestyle change.

I say this as someone who, before 2018, never met a pizza or a bag of M&Ms I wasn't ready to have a relationship with.

Try salonpas. You can get it at .ost drug and food stores. It won't fix it. But, will give you some relief while you heal
Salon Pas is ok... i use Bio-freeze, Rx Lidocaine patches (not the OTC.- prescription ones are much stronger), muscle relaxers when necc and strong opiates when nec..... it all sux if you ask me. After40 yrs of pain/no cures its depressing as hell. Lol.

(I have had quite a bit of spinal damage in the past....it is excruciating at times)

Once you get the pain under control, and you will with care and time, do what your cat or dog does when they wake up - STRETCH!

Before getting out of bed do some light stretching exercises, glutes and lower back (massage with fist), hamstrings, calf muscles while on your back or side. Then sit on the edge of your bed and stretch upper body muscles. You can pick the exercises yourself or a therapist can advise you. Once upright, slowly bend to touch your toes a few times but don't force it, you'll get there after a few days of the ritual. This takes about 5-10 minutes tops and will pay off immediately.

There was a time when I couldn't walk 10 paces without having to bend over to ease my lower back pain. Since doing the AM stretching I haven't had a problem. Good luck.

OK, back from doc. She did a couple tests, nothing hurt. Well until she asked me to lay back on the exam table (ouch). She took 2 xrays. She said my vertebrae all look really good, no deformations, no sign of any disease or injury but that the spine was 'straighter than normal' which was indicative of muscle spasms. Night time muscle relaxers for 10 days, take it easy, and light stretching and let her know if there's not noticeable improvement within a week. Also, I 'might' be able to do the trail run on the 21st I haven't trained for, at all. :lol:
Anyway, I really hope that's all it is. It's been a month or so and I'm OVER IT!

Back
Top Bottom