• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Back on my diet

I just recently got back into weight loss and strength training. I spent the first 2 weeks on the treadmill jogging 3 miles daily boosting my cardio and conditioning and Monday started calisthenics.

Tuesday was my off day so I hit the treadmill and tried High Intensity Interval Training. I thought I was gonna die but I felt pretty dang good afterwards. Today I go back to calisthenics, which includes pushups, pullups, crunches, planks, body squats and lunges in that order with 3 sets each.

My diet still needs some tweaking but so far is been easy to maintain.
My main staples have been.
Almond milk
Almond butter
Maple syrup
Fruits, watermelon, bananas, apples and dates.
Sweet potatoes
Protein has been, lean steak, chicken and salmon
Veggies, asparagus, steamed broccoli, cauliflower and red cabbage
Whole grain ceral and bread.
And lots of water.

As a snack I slice a sweet potato about 1/8" thick and put into the toaster, mix some almond butter with maple syrup and cinnamon and spread it on.

I'm 37 5'10 and weigh 180lbs but I gots no muscle, it's all fat and skin lol but I am feeling great losing weight and gaining muscle!

All this reminds me I have to get back on my diet. My downfall is I like to drink gin or vodka in the evenings. I have to completely cut out booze as it really slows the weight loss down for me. I actually do well on a super low carb atkins diet. I lost 40 plus pounds the last time. My goal is 195, as I am 6'1" and anything lower is too skinny for me. I feel so much better and sleep so much better when cutting the carbs, no more late afternoon crash. The sleep is so good, I wake up refreshed.
After getting the weight off, I have to learn to maintain and keep it off.

Keto is the 2019 version of the 2009 atkins diet, just even more ridiculous. Its a fad that will die off when everyone tries it and realizes its impossible to live like that. I lasted 2 months before saying f-it and went back to light carbs and no sugar.

If used for a set period of time, it works well. March will be 6 months for me, then I am changing over to a healthier way of eating.80% fruits and vegetables and 20% lean meats. No sugars or carbs. So far I have dropped 55 lbs just by diet. I haven't exercised except for walking the dog a couple days a week.

I think it works well, and is a little healthier than Atkins personally. I was hoping to do it to get to goal weight then faze in an easier diet to live on. The biggest problem with the keto is the recovery time from cheat days. My appeal to it is how fast it works. I lost 55 lbs on it last time. Over a 3 year period I gained about 15 of it back then over the holidays I swelled up a fair amount. The reason it worked so well for me is that I don't do moderation well. I either eat well or bad. It pisses me off but it's what I've come to realize about myself. I'm in the 180's which isn't bad for me but would like to be a fair amount less, or at least lose the spare tire.

If used for a set period of time, it works well. March will be 6 months for me, then I am changing over to a healthier way of eating.80% fruits and vegetables and 20% lean meats. No sugars or carbs. So far I have dropped 55 lbs just by diet. I haven't exercised except for walking the dog a couple days a week.

Oh Im not saying keto doesnt work, it definitly does. Its just not a sustainable diet for long term [atleast to me]. In the 2 months i was in ketosis i lost 33 pounds. But my blood pressure and cholesterol went through the roof with all the fatty foods.

Another week in and another 4 lb down. Hows everyone doing?

I've been maintaining. I have a hard time with dieting when overly busy. I plan is to get serious again next week.

I need to meal plan better and pack my lunch to stay with it better. This helps me out a ton to stay on track.

Started Jan 13.

As of today have lost 16 lbs. First two weeks strict, no alcohol. Luckily no DT's. :rolleyes: Lost 11lbs.

Even a few cocktails on the weekend really throw off the loss rate. Last week or so been kinda up and down. Whole family is on it so that's 9/10's the battle because my wife cooks the meals unless I grill out and she's a good low carb cook!

Reminds me, need to go do my 30min walk.

Good luck all!

I'm stuck at 205 (55 lb loss). I know I need to exercise, but we have been so busy, I leave at 5 am and get home around 8 pm. Hopefully we have gotten over this hump and i get get on a regular schedule. I joined Planet Fitness a year ago and have never been.

I've found I seem to stall at specific intervals like 254 can't seem to get below that. Changed it up and did one day fasting, dropped to 250 then it seems to go pretty quickly till the next 240 etc.
Ran out of my BP medication about a month and a half ago. Used to be 163/92 went to the doc for my annual on Monday 121/73 she said whatever I'm doing keep doing it.:cool:

This is why it's important to meal prep every day! I ended up working today and didn't have lunch. On my way to get a salad at Wendy's, I remembered the Mexican joint down the road and how good their wet, steak burrito supreme was. And that's where I hurt my leg falling off the keto wagon. Dammit!
20200216_114203.jpg

Back
Top Bottom