• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Back on my diet

I'm with you, I have been on a diet since 1 Jan, I have lost 7 pounds so far, I'm not doing much sugar items, and 100% off junk food. Plus, I walk the Mall 2-3 x a week and have increased my dog walks. I'm doing it because, I have grandkids that I want to be around for in the future!

That's great

Never heard of a 16:8 diet. Please enlighten me (us).

I too fell off this weekend and had a few beers with some bad bar food. Still down 3 lbs for the previous week. My biggest thing has been portion control and its helping.

I'm still looking into it. It's the intermittent fasting diet. You only eat for 8 hours a day. You still have to watch intake but not as closely apparently. It's supposed to help with inflammation and blood sugar levels as well. As with any diet you can't go wild on it but it's supposed to make your body use reserves for energy first. I believe there's a video posted about it a few post back in this thread

Never heard of a 16:8 diet. Please enlighten me (us).

I too fell off this weekend and had a few beers with some bad bar food. Still down 3 lbs for the previous week. My biggest thing has been portion control and its helping.

16/8 or intermittent fasting. I've been on it and keto since August 20th. I weigh every Friday and this pat weekend I have lost 50 lbs.

I only eat 2 meals a day between the hours of 11:30am and 7:30 pm. If I miss the 7:30 deadline, then I wont eat until the next day.

Two and a half weeks into keto here and down around 6-8 lbs. I'm not sure if thats on par or behind schedule but I'm in no rush. My wife has been cooking some AMAZING meals so its been hard to eat small portions. Cheesecake, lasagna, burgers, cauliflower cheese stuff...My stomach has definitely gotten smaller though. Two distinct things I've noticed>> My thirst has increased dramatically since I'm not retaining water anymore. And I can go 8-10 hours easy without eating and not have hunger pains or low sugar symptoms. Thats been really cool to experience. And I've almost talked both my parents into doing keto with us. They came over yesterday and my wife cooked one of her full scale keto meals. They were blown away how good it all was.

16/8 or intermittent fasting. I've been on it and keto since August 20th. I weigh every Friday and this pat weekend I have lost 50 lbs.

I only eat 2 meals a day between the hours of 11:30am and 7:30 pm. If I miss the 7:30 deadline, then I wont eat until the next day.

I guess ive been doing the 16:8 thing for a while. I just call it skipping breakfast lol.

Another 2 LB down this morning. Now under 320 (319.2) for the first time since last January. Signed up for a gym membership last night and will be going after work today. Going to try to lose a pound a week for the rest of the year (49 lb). Should be able to beat that but well stay conservative.

I guess ive been doing the 16:8 thing for a while. I just call it skipping breakfast lol.

Another 2 LB down this morning. Now under 320 (319.2) for the first time since last January. Signed up for a gym membership last night and will be going after work today. Going to try to lose a pound a week for the rest of the year (49 lb). Should be able to beat that but well stay conservative.
thumb_you-can-do-it-memegenerator-net-you-can-do-it-52503056.png

Trying to just cut calories and if I really want junk food, take that into account when I eat lunch/dinner.
I think I'm going to invest in a better scale. The one I have varies like 10lbs depending on where your feet are so it is hard to get a consistent reading.

Back
Top Bottom