• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Back on my diet

I was at 10 even this morning. Yeah while some liquor is keto friendly it will stall weight loss.

I am 6'2" and large framed, been 230 through 22 years in the Army and Guard, never looked "fat".

Creeped up to 245 over the last 15 years. Business associate showed up after about a 4 month time frame, trim and fit as hell. He is 10 years older than I am.

Intermittent Fasting he said. 14-16 hrs per day of not eating, eat what you want for the next 8-10 hrs.

I started the week prior to Thanksgiving, have one cheat day a week. 11 PM till 4 PM no food, water, coffee, and one diet coke.

Currently 11 lbs down, but have moved 3 notches on my belts, had to get new ones, and new pants. The 40's are gone, and the 38's are loose and require a belt.

AMA announced 2 weeks ago the Fasting will be in the 2021 curriculum at Med Schools.

Easy lifestyle to adapt to, I eat and drink what I want during those 8 hours. My BP is well in control now, and I sleep well.

Couple of vids about a British Dr who looked for a way to get rid of Diabetes, and found the memory benefits and wellness effects.

My wife was so astounded by the effects on me that she started 10 days after I did.

https://www.cell.com/cell-metabolism/pdfExtended/S1550-4131(19)30611-4

As part of my IF, I drink 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar with lemon in a 32 oz Nalgene bottle in the morning. It helps curb my appetite. I have arthritis in my big toe, but when I drink this, it doesn't hurt as much.

Back on the wagon also. This time 3 years ago i was 230, as of this morning 323. Ive had enough of the fat man and feeling like ****.

Good luck man. You can do it

Today is the first day that I've actually felt real hungry. Making the cravings stronger than ever. Down 11 lbs so far and quiet a few more to go

I was down into the high 180's this weekend. I decided to cheat a little, gotta live some to you know. Back into again. It's amazing how much water your body retains when you eat junk food. I think once I get down to my goal weight I'm going to try out the 16:8 diet to maintain my weight. The no carb diet makes it hard to eat places

I was down into the high 180's this weekend. I decided to cheat a little, gotta live some to you know. Back into again. It's amazing how much water your body retains when you eat junk food. I think once I get down to my goal weight I'm going to try out the 16:8 diet to maintain my weight. The no carb diet makes it hard to eat places

Never heard of a 16:8 diet. Please enlighten me (us).

I too fell off this weekend and had a few beers with some bad bar food. Still down 3 lbs for the previous week. My biggest thing has been portion control and its helping.

Been eating clean, complex carbs(fresh veggies) no sugar, nothing in a box. Dropped 25lbs in 4 weeks.
After a lot of reading and trying to sift through the BS and silver bullet "secret" pill or remedy I came to understand the what and why. Eat real food, stay away from grains, sugar, and dairy, get enough water, eat to live and take emotion out of eating.
Still have a beer or two, I have not felt the need to "cheat" and feel great.
I wish you all the best and stick with it.

On Keto, dropping about a lb a day. New years I was 220+, didn't do Keto one weekend and as of this morning, I am at 211lbs. Wife says she can see my weight loss in my face. It helps a lot that my better half is a cook and does all same receipes with keto friendly substitutes. Califlower rice tastes and has the same texture as brown rice. I dont miss pasta, or sweets at all. Its also stopped my cravings, and drinking before dinner.

And hating life at the right now.

I went back on my diet on Monday. I was in the ODT weight loss challenge and lost a lot of weight a few years back and have somewhat maintained till last summer. I started gaining weight, slow at first then all of a sudden boom I broke 200 again. My wife says it's all about portion control and I don't disagree, but I'm an all or nothing kinda guy. I can't diet and have cheats here and there because I start getting more frequent on my cheats. My goal is to go till April first with no cheats and get into the mid 160's range. All that to say I'm hating life right now and all I can think about is donuts and pastas. I've already lost 7 lbs which is all water weight I'm sure so the fun is about to begin for me.

Thanks for reading.

I'm with you, I have been on a diet since 1 Jan, I have lost 7 pounds so far, I'm not doing much sugar items, and 100% off junk food. Plus, I walk the Mall 2-3 x a week and have increased my dog walks. I'm doing it because, I have grandkids that I want to be around for them in the future!

Back
Top Bottom