• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Back on my diet

I'm stoked. I didn't keep to my super low carbs diet during Thanksgiving and Christmas but I gained only two pounds. Exercise is key no matter what diet you use. You have to MOVE!

Like Bypass Bypass I too was a 6'2" three buck Chuck only 18 months ago. I'm at 225lbs now and it's continuing to come off at about 1 to 1.5 lbs per week.

Yeah, I throw everything out the window around that time of year. I love good food!!!
My son just got braces. He has to eat soft foods for the first 3 days and he asked for ice cream. His brother drove him to the store and bought some ice cream. That **** is my kryptonite. I could eat ice cream all day.

I know the feeling. I gave away lot's of food to the homeless shelters.

We havent been doing the math on the meals. I probably need to cut my intake down some though. Are you tracking your keton’s with a blood checker? I didnt realize you could do that until yesterday. Saw they had pee strips too.

I've never checked my levels. You can typically tell by the way you feel. Make sure you're drinking a gallon or more of water a day. The first weight you lose is water weight. Your muscles are like strings in the lines of the strings nutrients are stored in the water there. When your doing any thing physical it starts with energies that is in you blood stream but when it's needing more as you get more physical it starts to draw from what's stored in between your muscles, which is the weight you lose first. It takes a while to get used to it. I went rock climbing with my brother in law early on in my diet last time and could only climb for about 15 minutes and them my whole body quit on me, it was very frustrating. When you get into ketosis it trains your body to go to fat for the energy instead of what's stored in your muscles, mainly because that's no longer there. Which is what makes this diet so effective. You also need to be taking potassium pills to help store the water, magnesium pills for your heart and vitamin D pills. These are some key things your body requires and you don't get them when you cut out sugars and carbs. After about 3 weeks you'll fell really good and you are able to think clearer.

Avocado's are your friend on this diet. As well as cucumbers, they naturally eat sugar in your system. If a diabetic is having trouble balancing high sugar a cucumber will help lower levels naturally. You can pretty much eat as much light green veggies as you want. My favorite meal was mashed cauliflower with cheese on top with chicken and avocado. I would eat a handful of blueberries for desert.

I'm stoked. I didn't keep to my super low carbs diet during Thanksgiving and Christmas but I gained only two pounds. Exercise is key no matter what diet you use. You have to MOVE!

Like Bypass Bypass I too was a 6'2" three buck Chuck only 18 months ago. I'm at 225lbs now and it's continuing to come off at about 1 to 1.5 lbs per week.

That's great. I'm under 6' tall. If I hit 300 I would be the same wide as tall, LOL. The heaviest I got was 237, which was bad on me. My feet would hurt in the morning for a few hours, I'm assuming due to lack of blood flow. My wife said when I lost the weight my snoring almost completely went away. She said it's been coming back here in the last few months. I'm guessing because of the weight.

Will power. It's tough, but I'm trying. Are you diabetic? I am. When I started losing I was able to reduce my meds by a 1/3. If I can lose some more I can start walking, even with my crippled up legs, lol
No not diabetic thank the Lord above. But if I don't knock off some pounds I may end up being.

That's great. I'm under 6' tall. If I hit 300 I would be the same wide as tall, LOL. The heaviest I got was 237, which was bad on me. My feet would hurt in the morning for a few hours, I'm assuming due to lack of blood flow. My wife said when I lost the weight my snoring almost completely went away. She said it's been coming back here in the last few months. I'm guessing because of the weight.
Same here. 5’10” and used to be 235 (currently 205). Began snoring and just felt worn out all the time. I got down to 170 just by portion control about 4 years ago and felt a lot better. My main reason for doing keto is to get off sugar 100% to heal my stomach and body. Ive had some serious pains that have gone unresolved for years. This is my last straw at fixing it. The MD’s have literally told me they have no idea what to do with me. Including Emory. So for me, this isnt a fad or a waistline issue as much as it is me trying to save my life. Not trying to sound dramatic but Ive been progressively getting worse for more than 10-12 years. Fingers crossed...

Same here. 5’10” and used to be 235 (currently 205). Began snoring and just felt worn out all the time. I got down to 170 just by portion control about 4 years ago and felt a lot better. My main reason for doing keto is to get off sugar 100% to heal my stomach and body. Ive had some serious pains that have gone unresolved for years. This is my last straw at fixing it. The MD’s have literally told me they have no idea what to do with me. Including Emory. So for me, this isnt a fad or a waistline issue as much as it is me trying to save my life. Not trying to sound dramatic but Ive been progressively getting worse for more than 10-12 years. Fingers crossed...

I hope it works for you. You'll feel better without a doubt but the first couple of weeks are a little rough. Once you get past that it's not bad. You also need to find a fiber supplement. You will get locked up pretty quick FYI. I use bennefiber, it works well. Just watch out because a lot of them are sugary

I hope it works for you. You'll feel better without a doubt but the first couple of weeks are a little rough. Once you get past that it's not bad. You also need to find a fiber supplement. You will get locked up pretty quick FYI. I use bennefiber, it works well. Just watch out because a lot of them are sugary
I do too. We’ve been using calm magnesium for years to keep the pipes flowing. If the frequency changes any once we’re ketosing, we can just add more. Already have potassium and D on hand as well as Himalayan salt.

Back
Top Bottom