• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Back on my diet

DADI03

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
And hating life at the right now.

I went back on my diet on Monday. I was in the ODT weight loss challenge and lost a lot of weight a few years back and have somewhat maintained till last summer. I started gaining weight, slow at first then all of a sudden boom I broke 200 again. My wife says it's all about portion control and I don't disagree, but I'm an all or nothing kinda guy. I can't diet and have cheats here and there because I start getting more frequent on my cheats. My goal is to go till April first with no cheats and get into the mid 160's range. All that to say I'm hating life right now and all I can think about is donuts and pastas. I've already lost 7 lbs which is all water weight I'm sure so the fun is about to begin for me.

Thanks for reading.

I started keto on sunday. Thought for sure Id be in ketosis by Wed. Then I realized I had taken a couple Emergen C packets on Tues which have...sugar. So maybe by this weekend. Havent had any cravings yet. The wife has been cooking some really tasty keto meals though so that has helped a lot.

I started keto on sunday. Thought for sure Id be in ketosis by Wed. Then I realized I had taken a couple Emergen C packets on Tues which have...sugar. So maybe by this weekend. Havent had any cravings yet. The wife has been cooking some really tasty keto meals though so that has helped a lot.

I'm doing Keto to. One thing to be careful with the "ketos meals" is just because it's keto doesn't mean that if you eat to much of it it won't kick you out of ketosis. I read a lot of the keto friendly meals but if you have more than a little of it your carb intake in that one little sitting maxes you out for the day. If you watch your macro's you should be fine though.

Good luck man I'm 6'2" 305 right now. I started the 1500 calorie diet again as well.

I did good until thanksgiving, then Christmas, the sweets were hard to resist. Family, church friends kept bringing cakes, pies, etc. I was down 35 lbs, I'm afraid to weigh now, lol

And hating life at the right now.

I went back on my diet on Monday. I was in the ODT weight loss challenge and lost a lot of weight a few years back and have somewhat maintained till last summer. I started gaining weight, slow at first then all of a sudden boom I broke 200 again. My wife says it's all about portion control and I don't disagree, but I'm an all or nothing kinda guy. I can't diet and have cheats here and there because I start getting more frequent on my cheats. My goal is to go till April first with no cheats and get into the mid 160's range. All that to say I'm hating life right now and all I can think about is donuts and pastas. I've already lost 7 lbs which is all water weight I'm sure so the fun is about to begin for me.

Thanks for reading.

That's the key, proportions, portions, etc. Once I get going, it's not that bad. But keeping a good mindset on starting.

I'm doing Keto to. One thing to be careful with the "ketos meals" is just because it's keto doesn't mean that if you eat to much of it it won't kick you out of ketosis. I read a lot of the keto friendly meals but if you have more than a little of it your carb intake in that one little sitting maxes you out for the day. If you watch your macro's you should be fine though.
We havent been doing the math on the meals. I probably need to cut my intake down some though. Are you tracking your keton’s with a blood checker? I didnt realize you could do that until yesterday. Saw they had pee strips too.

I did good until thanksgiving, then Christmas, the sweets were hard to resist. Family, church friends kept bringing cakes, pies, etc. I was down 35 lbs, I'm afraid to weigh now, lol

Yeah, I throw everything out the window around that time of year. I love good food!!!
My son just got braces. He has to eat soft foods for the first 3 days and he asked for ice cream. His brother drove him to the store and bought some ice cream. That **** is my kryptonite. I could eat ice cream all day.

Back
Top Bottom