• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

back in the day

I wish I still had my '66 Stang.
I had one too.
A76DAB3E-C26E-4BB2-B4E6-C87F7E5B5FC9.jpeg

Those were the days when you could work on motors. No computer stuff. Who else would buy a new car today if they made it like in the 60's/70's? Just add airbags and abs. Certainly would be much cheaper than the $30k they charge for entry-level cars today.
Only thing I would add is electronic ignition

I ended up rolling mine a couple of times racing a 71 Camaro SS. Sad part I was ahead of him.
View attachment 3247092

Man that's a tough one.

Funny story. I have these 2 cousins who are brothers, and the younger brother talked the older brother into letting him borrow his '68 Mustang to take to Panama City...This was around '70...He drove it all the way down there and then totaled it. Ouch...Fast forward to last year on the older brother's birthday, the younger brother showed up driving an identical '68 in mint condition. He never forgot what he had done and obviously had made a promise to himself to someday make it up to his big brother. It was the coolest thing. LOL

Man that's a tough one.

Funny story. I have these 2 cousins who are brothers, and the younger brother talked the older brother into letting him borrow his '68 Mustang to take to Panama City...This was around '70...He drove it all the way down there and then totaled it. Ouch...Fast forward to last year on the older brother's birthday, the younger brother showed up driving an identical '68 in mint condition. He never forgot what he had done and obviously had made a promise to himself to someday make it up to his big brother. It was the coolest thing. LOL
That’s a great story and one hell of a good brother.

We used to say about Panama City “we ain’t leavin’ til we’re heavin’” and “Go on vacation, leave on probation”

Reactions: MRH
Back
Top Bottom