• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Azaleas, hydrangeas, ect

bronco7766

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
Reaction score
Does anyone have a large amount of azaleas or hydrangeas in their yard that I could pay to dig several dozen? Growing up, my mom and grandmother would take me to an old lady’s house/farm where she had an acre or so of day lilies- we would dig ourselves and pay by the bulb. I am hoping to find a similar deal for azaleas or hydrangeas or landscape around my new home. There are plenty of nurseries around, but I can’t afford many at $30 a pop. I am working on rooting both, and have several started, but it will take a couple of years in pots before they are ready to be planted in the yard.
I might be interested in other plants as well, but those are my favorites.

You might get lucky and find someone who needs some thinning, but it you decide you want to buy nobody and I do mean nobody has a better price than this place. Typically much lower than what you'd pay at one of the home stores and always lower than other plant nurseries. Even from your location if you're looking for a large amount it would be worth the drive.http://growersoutlet.com/

I love hydrangeas, but have lost all but one over the years..Cool thing is the amount of nutrients in the soil will dictate what color the flowers will be. They require indirect sun light, that is key. Good luck with your endeavor!

You might get lucky and find someone who needs some thinning, but it you decide you want to buy nobody and I do mean nobody has a better price than this place. Typically much lower than what you'd pay at one of the home stores and always lower than other plant nurseries. Even from your location if you're looking for a large amount it would be worth the drive.http://growersoutlet.com/

Is this still open during the lockdown?

Is this still open during the lockdown?
You order on line and pick up on site. It's a shame because it's more fun to stroll around and pick out your own plants. They're only open during the spring and fall so they're normally packed on weekends.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy online though because every plant that I've purchased there has been of good quality.

"Cool thing is the amount of nutrients in the soil will dictate what color the flowers will be."

Incorrect it has to deal with the PH level of acidity in the soil

Back
Top Bottom