• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Awesome marinade

fast306stang

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
376   0
Reaction score
You can google Korean Kalbi or Galbi, this is my take on it. I slice up boneless pork country ribs, sirloin steak, or I will use chicken tenders or sliced up chicken breasts. About 3/8" thick or even thinner. I bet it would be outstanding on chicken wings but I haven't tried it yet.

This marinade is a little labor intensive but you could probably toss everything in a blender or food processor. Cooking on the grill only takes a few minutes bc everything is sliced thin.

When I make it, I hardly ever measure anything. I just eyeball it. I tend to go heavier on the Sriracha and the red and black pepper. That being said, adjust it to your taste...hotter, sweeter, etc. You can omit the sugar and add honey or molasses, etc.

I will type it out here and I will add a pic of the recipe incase it's easier to save that way.

1 cup of soy sauce
1/4 cup of water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon black pepper
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/4 cup sesame oil
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 medium onion, minced
1/2 head of garlic, minced
3 green onions, minced

You can add a couple of tablespoons of fresh grated ginger although I leave this out bc the grater is so hard to clean afterwards.

This marinade will do 3 or 4 pounds of meat or more. I usually divide it into zip lock bags and pour some marinade in each one. I let them ride in the refrigerator overnight but I think even a few hours would suffice.

This stuff is awesome and each year I get a few requests to make it. Got one yesterday so I thought I'd share since I was making it.

A good knife makes things a lot easier!
20160611_165811.jpg
20160611_165752.jpg

Meat is sliced!

20160611_165353.jpg

20160611_165824.jpg

Back
Top Bottom