Automotive Commercial Counterperson

Optimus Prime

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
More Than Meets The Eye
341   0
Reaction score
Looking for 1 to 2 individuals interested in an aggressive sales and knowledge based career in Automotive Parts Supply and Business Solutions. The position is mesh of sales account management, inside counter sales, and inventory tracking. The position focuses primarily on wholesale and business-to-business sales out of a retail-focused establishment.

Pay is dependent on education and experience, starts around $13/hr, and goes much higher, not including unlimited bonus and incentive plans. You will be expected to work Monday-Saturday (off Sunday and then a random day of the week, Saturdays are non-negotiable) from 7:30am or 8am till 5:30pm or 6pm, depending market conditions.

Located just south of downtown Woodstock. PM me your resume or interest for more details or possible candidacy.

Job duties include:

• Customer Service first and foremost. No arrogant, smart-mouthed, hot-headed, or drama-prone people apply. Your reputation is everything in this business.
  • Team work makes the dream work. If you cannot be part of a team, do not apply. I do not want you.
  • Account Management focused. You will be responsible for your book of business. Thus, it ties directly to your paycheck and job performance.
  • Tracking all incoming and outgoing parts for a multiple accounts.
  • Managing in-stock inventory accuracy and location-based inventory needs.
  • Sourcing parts or products beyond normal inventory availability.
  • Handling parts payment collection and making sure all parts are invoiced correctly thru the proper systems and accounts.
  • Packaging and shipping parts back to the manufacturer from time to time, and completing the appropriate record keeping.
  • Referring to parts manuals (both hard copy and electronic format) to identify exactly the right part(s) for the make, model and year of vehicles being serviced by your accounts.
Job Requirements

You will be expected to be experienced and aware of the latest automotive technologies and be a persistent problem solver.

• Must have at least 2 years of experience in the automotive industry, ASEs preferred.
  • Must possess adequate parts and shop operations knowledge.
  • Must have computer proficiency.
  • Ability to multitask and cross-communicate required.
  • Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service.
  • Sales driven. Multiple goals will be set for job performance, job retention, and bonus payout.
  • Valid driver's license, 2 year clean MVR preferred
  • Clear background and clean drug/alcohol test (periodically tested at random). If you fail a drug test, you will be not hired/fired and results may be turned over to local law enforcement.

If I were not trying to get out of the auto world this would have peaked my interest. Good luck, I'll pass this on to a guy in our parts department that is unhappy at the dealer.

Back
Top Bottom