• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Attorney recommendations in Gwinnett

Paid a stand around attorney at the courthouse $100 to represent me on the day of court. Judges aint got time for bull **** charges, time served and $100 fine. Domestic gonna ream that arse. I slapped a guy in a bar

Sounds like my case 20 years ago , but while getting my GWCP , my County wanted it in writing & my in Court testimony that the victim was not a Girl Friend or Family Member even tho the arrest / case statement stated it was not domestic .

Heck I was so drunk I could not tell you what the guy even looked like .

P.S. I quit drinking 17 + years ago.

Currently on probation and will likely get violated. I shouldn’t have been arrested in the first place. My 16 year old daughter’s 21 year old friend (didn’t know his age) bumped me and grabbed my arm trying to get between my daughter and I. I responded by hitting him once to the jaw and he fell like a sack of rocks. He was out cold for around 5 minutes

OUCH!

In my case's 20 years ago 'Simple Assault & 1 count of Simple Battery ', I was told I just held a guy or stopped a guy from getting out of the car he was in & threatened to hit him with the Smirnoff Ice bottle I was drinking at the time.

IMO Having your Daughter involved could pose an issue . But I no attorney.

Also IMO It's good you bonded out W/O a probation hold , & hope yr PO officer is Cool .

Once more I Hope you are not in Cobb or Paulding Co , or Douglas for that matter.

EDIT , sorry I missed that you are in Gwinnett Co , IMO the jail there is full of Real Criminals , so no room for your (small time charge ) .

Possibly even have the kid charged with assault for grabbing you.

Unless of course you were a total jack ass to the cop, then you probably won’t be believable as reasonable.
I was cooperative and respectful. I didn’t argue because, at the time, I didn’t know the kids age and thought I was being arrested because he was under age

Possibly even have the kid charged with assault for grabbing you.

Unless of course you were a total jack ass to the cop, then you probably won’t be believable as reasonable.
You just gotta make sure your daughter doesn’t cover for him. This isn’t her boyfriend is it?

Nevermind....don’t answer. Please stop giving details until its all over then tell us the story.

OUCH!

In my case's 20 years ago 'Simple Assault & 1 count of Simple Battery ', I was told I just held a guy or stopped a guy from getting out of the car he was in & threatened to hit him with the Smirnoff Ice bottle I was drinking at the time.

IMO Having your Daughter involved could pose an issue . But I no attorney.

Also IMO It's good you bonded out W/O a probation hold , & hope yr PO officer is Cool .

Once more I Hope you are not in Cobb or Paulding Co , or Douglas for that matter.

EDIT , sorry I missed that you are in Gwinnett Co , IMO the jail there is full of Real Criminals , so no room for your (small time charge ) .
You should have been charged for drinking a Smirnoff Ice.

You just gotta make sure your daughter doesn’t cover for him. This isn’t her boyfriend is it?

Nevermind....don’t answer. Please stop giving details until its all over then tell us the story.

In my opinion, which isn’t worth much, but I do talk to attorneys often, I don’t think that would matter. I think a judge would be pretty familiar with the skewed social perspective of a young boyfriend girlfriend. And would very likely still support the man who struck the other man after being grabbed.

Especially if you explain that you didn’t argue because you thought he was under age and that would make sense. But otherwise you don’t think it’s right. Sounds to me like a very strong case.

Back
Top Bottom