• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Attic insulation/ soffet advice

BEREZKA

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
68   0
Reaction score
I bought a house and the soffets are rottten. The attic insulation is also very thin.The house is 1600sq ft. Does anyone know what it would cost me to have someone do the soffets and re-blow the insulation?

Yep I rented a machine to do my cabin. It was easy enough. Well a friend climbed in the attic and got dirty and I fed the machine. So that part I'd definitely do myself. Soffets are another problem. I assumed whatever roof problem was causing the rot has been addressed.

Yep I rented a machine to do my cabin. It was easy enough. Well a friend climbed in the attic and got dirty and I fed the machine. So that part I'd definitely do myself. Soffets are another problem. I assumed whatever roof problem was causing the rot has been addressed.

Two way radios help when you and the feeder need to communicate.
Did it that way last time
with my wife feeding the hopper....worked well.

Soffets are easy

I dont know which type of vent is proper. The roof under the eve is solid with vents spaced out around perimeter. The gable part of the house has big vents. Idk if i need to remove these or leave them. I am trying to make the house insulate better and not have rotting gutters/soffets

Two way radios help when you and the feeder need to communicate.
Did it that way last time
with my wife feeding the hopper....worked well.
Only problem is i will have to seal up attic access stairs and use vent to run blower tube. I want to do soffets before replacing insulation. I feel like that is best order to do things

Back
Top Bottom