• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Attempting cold reblue kit...quick prep question

oh...the 99m1, cool guns. I have a the regular 99. Was it in bad shape? the 99m1s are bringing decent money now.

Cerokate would be an option, or go to lowes or wherever and get you a can of Rustoleum automotive black spray paint (i know it comes in matte or semi gloss), degrease receiver well and hit it with a few coats. Should last a very long time. I'm about to do some 700 bottom metal with it.

oh...the 99m1, cool guns. I have a the regular 99. Was it in bad shape? the 99m1s are bringing decent money now.

Cerokate would be an option, or go to lowes or wherever and get you a can of Rustoleum automotive black spray paint (i know it comes in matte or semi gloss), degrease receiver well and hit it with a few coats. Should last a very long time. I'm about to do some 700 bottom metal with it.

Thanks, that is what I may wind up doing. The receiver looked like above when I got it, but man the internals looked like it hadn’t been cleaned in 40 years and the recoil buffer was in pieces... Took the whole thing apart- I mean the entire receiver.. replaced the buffer, recoil spring, etc. Runs like a top now!

Back
Top Bottom