• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

****Atlanta Falcons**** And The NFL In General

Anybody else see that PFF analysis concluded over 90% of the QB pressures were, in some part, due to LG and RT positions specifically during the week 1 loss?

The ball has to come out faster to negate the pass rush. They don't have the O-line for him to stand tall in the pocket and go thru 3 or 4 reads before throwing the ball.

Reactions: GFB
Let the trash talk begin!!!! SUPERBOWL BABY!!!

highfive.gif

The Falcons should have taken a QB in the draft. Matt Ryan is never going to win a Super bowl, he cannot scramble like Jalen Hurst or similar QBs. Also under pressure he is terrible, there are a lot of QBs that can still throw an accurate pass when pressured, Ryan not so much.

Falcons are doomed until they get a good coach and a real owner who knows football. Oh and the Ryan experiment should have been over after the SB loss. It’s
time to move on.

Meanwhile Julio is still a non producer as well, just collecting checks. He‘ll be hurt soon enough. Just thought I’d throw that in there.
Julio plays for the Titans now, but I agree, he'll be hurt soon or in the coaches doghouse as he committed an unnecessary roughness penalty at a pivotal part of the game yesterday. The coach for the Titans did not hold back about being very unhappy in his post game conference. Julio only had 3 catches for 29 yards, two drops and a tipped ball that led to an interception.

Julio plays for the Titans now, but I agree, he'll be hurt soon or in the coaches doghouse as he committed an unnecessary roughness penalty at a pivotal part of the game yesterday. The coach for the Titans did not hold back about being very unhappy in his post game conference. Julio only had 3 catches for 29 yards, two drops and a tipped ball that led to an interception.

I wasn't sorry to see Julio go...his best years were years ago. Now he just gets hurt sometime during the game and doesn't make the big impact like you expect.

Not sure what the answer is after yesterday. If you look at the roster, there are so many new guys it's already a partial rebuild.

Good drives that appear to be unstoppable end up dying due to poor execution, penalties or just good defense.

Red zone is still a major problem...why? Does the offensive team need to skip their days off and just work on that all day? What is causing the field goals? It's as though the whole team feels the "red zone" pressure and can't execute.

The RB and FB appeared to be creating havoc for Philly early on and gaining good yardage.

Defense did pretty well, but they can't stay out on the field the whole game without being worn out. Plus I think they see the score board...and then see offense going no where and have to wonder what's the point?

There was no reason to lose this game - Philly isn't that good. :grey:

If we end up with a measly 4 or 5 wins again this year, I'd say rebuild from scratch.

Reactions: GFB
Back
Top Bottom