• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

****Atlanta Falcons**** And The NFL In General

blob

No matter what you think of Ryan, the Falcons are going to be paying him big in the 2021 and 2022 seasons whether he's on the roster or not. That means he's probably not going anywhere in the meantime. I'd rather trade a mid-round pick for Marcus Mariota over reaching for a QB in the draft if I thought Ryan needed an immediate backup/replacement plan.

My biggest concern about the offense last season was that teams didn't always seem to respect the threat of a deep pass. That could be on Ryan and it could also be on the playbook. As much as people focus on a ground game, it's hard to run the ball when the defense can bring up a safety into the box at any time without the threat of getting burnt deep.

don’t have to respect the deep ball when you know you can get pressure and move the QB off his spot on almost every play. Those type of routes take time to develop, O line ain’t good enough to protect Ryan for that.

don’t have to respect the deep ball when you know you can get pressure and move the QB off his spot on almost every play. Those type of routes take time to develop, O line ain’t good enough to protect Ryan for that.

I don't think it takes a ton of time to develop when they send a WR on a go route in one-on-one coverage, but with poor protection . . . On many plays, it did seem like all routes were taking right around forever to develop last season. Ryan getting pressure and he's looking at the backs of his receivers' jerseys. I think a new playbook is going to help.

Back
Top Bottom