• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

****Atlanta Falcons**** And The NFL In General

With Arthur Smith coming onboard for 2021... Who do you consider the best Falcons head coach?

Mike Smith - .59 win percentage
Jim Mora - .54 win percentage
Leeman Bennett - .53 win percentage
Dan Quinn - .51 win percentage
Dan Reeves - .45 win percentage
Jerry Glanville - .42 win percentage

I'll go with Mike Smith, since he broke the old no back to back winning seasons stigma. I thought he did a nice job and seemed to be a great coach at the time. My honorable mention is Leeman Bennett since he took them to the playoffs for the first time.

Wasn't a Glanville fan as he took away the red jerseys, since he liked and always wore black. Plus he didn't know what to do with Farve and failed to even give him a real chance to develop here. What a shame....

View attachment 3038995
Man that is a tough one. Can I say none of the above? Mike Smith lead an era unprecedented in Falcons history, but the team consistently blew leads and couldn’t show up in big games. Dan Quinn continued that as well and couldn’t manage a game to save his life. Dan Reeves was probably my personal favorite for the dirty birds.

Man that is a tough one. Can I say none of the above? Mike Smith lead an era unprecedented in Falcons history, but the team consistently blew leads and couldn’t show up in big games. Dan Quinn continued that as well and couldn’t manage a game to save his life. Dan Reeves was probably my personal favorite for the dirty birds.

Dan took them to the SB and the fans & players really liked him, but overall they didn't seem to really do that well under him. He seemed to be a perfect fit with his experience.

My personal favorite is Bennett but he probably isn't really the best overall. They blew leads against the cowboys twice in the playoffs (78/80 seasons) and still couldn't put together back to back winning seasons.

Looks like the last few minutes of Drew Brees in the NFL are winding down right now.
They keep saying that, but he has $36 million on his contract for next year with $22 million in dead cap money if they cut him. He would have to make the decision to retire and walk away from $30+ million himself which I don’t see happening. Only thing I can think is he told the broadcast guys he was done during Pregame meetings, but damn.

They keep saying that, but he has $36 million on his contract for next year with $22 million in dead cap money if they cut him. He would have to make the decision to retire and walk away from $30+ million himself which I don’t see happening. Only thing I can think is he told the broadcast guys he was done during Pregame meetings, but damn.

They're $100 million over the cap next season so I think he's retired either way.

Back
Top Bottom