• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

****Atlanta Falcons**** And The NFL In General

Already out of college? I hadn't heard that before... Have seen Farve admit that he was drinking way too many beers, over weight & out of shape when he was on the Falcons. Deon Sanders bought him new outfits, but he never wore them because he said they weren't his style...lol.

Based on the show I saw where the NFL interviewed all of them, Farve was unhappy in Atlanta since he felt he wasn't wanted and would never get a chance to start. He wanted out. Agreed....going to GB where they wanted him to start, saw his talents and knew how to work with him, was the break Brett (and Packers) needed. He benefited from coach that could work with him and help Favre improve his QB skills and that wasn't Glanville.

Jerry Glanville called him "Mississippi Mud"...in the old videos I've seen. He also later claimed to have wanted to draft Farve but others on the team said that wasn't the truth.

Watch the '91 Falcons here - it's good show.

Favre was a little too hard on the partying and intoxication to be taken seriously when he was a Falcon, from what I have heard. Jerry wanted rid of him because he was a drunken jackass. Favre pulled it together eventually, obviously, but Glanville probably did him a favor in a couple ways. Love Favre but he was a mess. Caveat: allegedly . . .

Matt and Julio’s contracts make them untradeable
I get that! I just get sick of watching noodle arm. I was Matt Ryan's biggest supporter up until last season. Now I can hardly stand to watch him throw the ball. To think that next year he will be nearly a 41 million cap hit disgusts me. I'm glad dimitroff is gone too. He put us in salary cap hell.

I get that! I just get sick of watching noodle arm. I was Matt Ryan's biggest supporter up until last season. Now I can hardly stand to watch him throw the ball. To think that next year he will be nearly a 41 million cap hit disgusts me. I'm glad dimitroff is gone too. He put us in salary cap hell.
I know Matt Ryan is a good qb and if the falcons draft a replacement the new guy will have to sit a season. That said, you have to be able to make deep pass plays. If the opposing defense doesn’t need to respect the deep threat, their scheme changes entirely and gets a lot simpler. Matt Ryan is not the guy to cannon a ball 50 yards when a safety creeps up. They say you gotta keep the defense honest for a reason. Matt Ryan is basically a less mobile Alex Smith.

I know Matt Ryan is a good qb and if the falcons draft a replacement the new guy will have to sit a season. That said, you have to be able to make deep pass plays. If the opposing defense doesn’t need to respect the deep threat, their scheme changes entirely and gets a lot simpler. Matt Ryan is not the guy to cannon a ball 50 yards when a safety creeps up. They say you gotta keep the defense honest for a reason. Matt Ryan is basically a less mobile Alex Smith.
The deep ball is what drives me crazy about Ryan. He just doesn't have it. You watch guys like Russell Wilson, Goff, Dak, Mahomes, and many others there's a certain velocity that they can launch the ball down field that commands respect. When Ryan throws the ball down field his launch angle is such that it seems like he's throwing the ball 100 feet up. How many times have you seen Julio or Calvin have a defender beat by 10 yards and they drop the catch because they either have to come back to the ball or have to wait on it to get to them, giving the defender time to catch up and break up the play? I'm just tired of the Falcons not being competitive. I'm tired of every other team in the league throwing the ball all over the field, but we can't throw beyond 8 yards.

Reactions: GFB
Back
Top Bottom