• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta area FFL for shipping pistol

Texas Funnyhair

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
110   0
Reaction score
So the deal is I bought a revolver from an auction house on gunbroker. It has a timing issue they didn't disclose so I'm returning it.

They sent me a return label but it's a USPS label and from my understanding a non-FFL using USPS to ship a pistol is not okay. They may have been the ones who made the label but I'm still the one actually shipping it, and if it were okay I'm pretty sure every S&W or Ruger RMA label would be using USPS instead of sending out Fedex prepaid labels.

So might have to handle shipping myself, does anyone know an FFL in the Atlanta area that can handle shipping?

^^^ This.

Anytime I've sent a handgun back to a gunsmith or manufacturer it's been via private carrier (UPS/FedEx).

Even the few rifles I've had to send back went UPS... Although I think technically they could actually go USPS if it's to mfgr or gunsmith.

As near as I can tell you are correct. I would try calling or contacting them and asking them to send you a Fedex or UPS label instead.
Well I did contact them and they were insisting it's fine. I told em I would be more comfortable using UPS or Fedex and they could even deduct whatever the extra postage would be from my return.

They haven't gotten back to me after that so figured I better find someone local to ship it out if they won't budge. Could use shipmygun but figured I'd see what's out there first.

Well I did contact them and they were insisting it's fine. I told em I would be more comfortable using UPS or Fedex and they could even deduct whatever the extra postage would be from my return.

They haven't gotten back to me after that so figured I better find someone local to ship it out if they won't budge. Could use shipmygun but figured I'd see what's out there first.
They can cancel the USPS label and get refunded. I would be happy to take care of it for you but probably a bit out of your way.

Back
Top Bottom