• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATF Form 1 question

Notification? You're a daisy if you do. lol. Screw them. The ATF should notify them, why the hell do I need to tell the fuzz what I bought with my own money? Screw 'em 10 ways from Sunday!

Apparently, the cops don't know the law. Big surprise.

"All applicants/transferees and responsible persons shall forward a completed copy of ATF Form 1 or ATF Form 4, or a completed copy of Form 5320.23, respectively, to the chief law enforcement officer of the locality in which the applicant or responsible person is located. If the applicant/transferee is not a licensed manufacturer, importer, or dealer qualified under this part and is a trust, for purposes of this section, it is considered located at the primary location at which the firearm will be maintained."

Notification? You're a daisy if you do. lol. Screw them. The ATF should notify them, why the hell do I need to tell the fuzz what I bought with my own money? Screw 'em 10 ways from Sunday!

Because it's the law?

Probably most NFA notifications get tossed in the round file, but it's still a felony not to.

Because it's the law?

Probably most NFA notifications get tossed in the round file, but it's still a felony not to.

I was just messing with the people in the thread that frequently say laws like that are unconstitutional, but then turn around and still comply. The ATF doesn't check with local LEO and LEO doesn't care. They don't have a universal system anyway. If a question comes up, Local LEO searches the NTC database to ensure your device is registered. That's what they always do with firearms/ devices of concern.

If you are under multiple jurisdictions my understanding is either one works. City or county. You can be under several. I have old Form 4's signed by the former deputy director of the GBI. My local sheriff was not great about signing.

If you are 30350, it is Sandy Springs. Google, delivery companies, and most databases for real estate will still use Atlanta, but as far as law enforcement, it is SS.

If a question comes up, Local LEO searches the ATF database to ensure your device is registered.
Local law enforcement has no access to the NFRTR, and it is a violation of federal law for the ATF to share information from it with local law enforcement. There is no way for local law enforcement to verify registration other than by asking the putative registrant.

Local law enforcement has no access to the NFRTR, and it is a violation of federal law for the ATF to share information from it with local law enforcement. There is no way for local law enforcement to verify registration other than by asking the putative registrant.

Sorry for not being more discernible. LEO use NTC to search serial numbers. It’s a request system that links them to the ATF. If the serial isn’t in the system, the ATF sends notification. If it is, LEO receives the registration info. It can take minutes or days to get a response.

Back
Top Bottom