• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATF Form 1 question

Rebellious Way Armory

Default rank <200 posts Supporter
Hunter
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
9   0
Reaction score
I submitted my Form 1 electronically to the ATF. I mailed a copy to the CLEO in my city. He sent a letter back saying the form was not properly completed and to complete and resubmit it. I live in Sandy Springs, but everything is addressed as Atlanta (property, car, DL, etc..). His issue was with it not being addressed Sandy Springs. Does anyone know if this will cause an issue with my form 1 being approved?

the law enforcement notification is just a notification, also regardless of whether you have a trust or not the CLEO notification now applies to everyone. ATF generates the form 1 cleo documents on the efile site so it doesnt matter what the sheriff says also i am not a lawyer but just what ive gathered through reading the documents

I don't think you actually mail a copy to the CLEO... Isn't it a seperate form?

As for who to send it to... Who do you pay property tax to? Atlanta or Sandy Springs? I'd send it to the CLEO of whoever that is.

If Sandy Springs is the 'latest and greatest' I think your CLEO is probably right, that's what you should be using.

I submitted my Form 1 electronically to the ATF. I mailed a copy to the CLEO in my city. He sent a letter back saying the form was not properly completed and to complete and resubmit it. I live in Sandy Springs, but everything is addressed as Atlanta (property, car, DL, etc..). His issue was with it not being addressed Sandy Springs. Does anyone know if this will cause an issue with my form 1 being approved?

This should not affect your Form 1 approval unless the Chief of Police were to notify the ATF. I doubt the Chief would go through the trouble.

Back
Top Bottom