• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATF Efile Poll...

Just for the hell of it, what do y'all predict the new eform 4 wait time will be...?

• Total voters

marksman17

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Meal Team 6 Pro
53   0
Reaction score
Just for the hell of it, what do y'all predict the new eform 4 wait time will be...?
Will be interesting to see if/when results come in/ if batched approvals will happen reliably, or if form 1s will be approved w/ form 4s in batch, etc.

1639786880443.png

I wouldn't be surprised to see 1-3 month approvals. Supposedly this isn't the old eform it's a new and improved system and hopefully process. I still believe they should FastTrack frequent and recently approvals
They SHOULD do old then new, but if I had to guess, paper forms will be shafted yet again to those so have already been too patient

I'm sure they'll process the newly filed forms first and then start on the paper forms. If they actually built the site correctly, it shouldn't crash or have severe lag like before. But this is the govt we're talking about, so I expect various crashes, forms timing out, submissions not being received, and other errors.

I wish they'd hire me. For $100k, I'd spend all day on the couch approving Eforms.

It will depend on exactly how much of the process is "electronic." I suspect after it gets settled after the initial crash, approval times won't change for a while.

I suspect that the system will be better than the past system. But the influx of submissions will drive the wait times up when first opened.

From what Silencer Shop was saying this is a parallel system, so existing forms will still go through the old fashioned way (moving paper from desk to desk) while the e-Forms will all be moved electronically.

Time will tell.

From what Silencer Shop was saying this is a parallel system, so existing forms will still go through the old fashioned way (moving paper from desk to desk) while the e-Forms will all be moved electronically.

Back
Top Bottom