• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATF BS

And maybe he does. But what brought him to the attention of BATF is his buying NEW guns from FFLs that could be traced to him. Again, if you are going to walk a tight rope, some one is going to look up and see.

BTW, BATF knew that he had purchased a Lorcin and an Intratec (which he didn't trot out to show the world.) Where did the BATF get that info, if there is no central gun registry?

Maybe he is one of the guys he referred to as buying multiple handguns in week from one FFL, which generates a report to the BATF.

Who knows... If he was operating as an unlicensed dealer or something, I wouldn't expect him to fess up to it on Youtube... lol

Having watched all of both videos, it looks like he does not sell many. Look how many he has to show during the video. Looks like he keeps most of them. If he wants to collect Saturday night specials, that`s his business. Just like the guy on here that collects watches.
Maybe he is a collector, you're right thats his business. The issue isn't how many he's purchased, but how many he is selling. Thats why he wasn't arrested but just given a cease and desist. Regardless of his intentions, these cheap firearms sold on the private market make up the majority of firearms used by criminals. And the sheer volume of the amount of cheap guns he has tells me he's been doing this for a long time. Im not usually ever on the ATF's side but I'd like to be able to go to a restaurant downtown and not be offed by some thug with a highpoint. Could you imagine being killed by a highpoint? He squeezes the trigger, nothing happens. He has to rack tap and try again. Embarrassing for you and for him. But seriously, this is no Bueno.

Maybe he is a collector, you're right thats his business. The issue isn't how many he's purchased, but how many he is selling. Thats why he wasn't arrested but just given a cease and desist. Regardless of his intentions, these cheap firearms sold on the private market make up the majority of firearms used by criminals. And the sheer volume of the amount of cheap guns he has tells me he's been doing this for a long time. Im not usually ever on the ATF's side but I'd like to be able to go to a restaurant downtown and not be offed by some thug with a highpoint. Could you imagine being killed by a highpoint? He squeezes the trigger, nothing happens. He has to rack tap and try again. Embarrassing for you and for him. But seriously, this is no Bueno.
You`re behind on the times. The perps today buy or steal good firearms. SNSpecs are old hat, mostly bought by newbies on here. I did surveillance all over GA and AL for years in a lot of "bad" areas. I also come from a generational law enforcement family. The bad guys today mostly have quality guns. Hey, I see`em doing straws on a regular basis around here. Buying good stuff. I won`t be killed by a misfiring Hipoint. He better spit out the first round. I`m not taking a side on here, actually, just reading what someone else printed. If the guy is breaking the law, the ATF needs to prove it. I really don`t like the way the ATF is going about it. However, I wasn`t there at the meet.

I buy far more guns than I sell, and I think I have only made 2 trades. And I have NEVER sold a gun for more than I paid for it, because I am NOT in the business of firearms dealer. Buy from me and the price will always be for less than I paid for the gun.

This is ignorance on your part. Nothing in the regulations says anything about a profit. Nor do the regulations specify a number of guns sold in a time. The number could be 1 or 100.
It's not illegal to sell a gun for more than you paid. It's illegal to be in the business of selling multiple guns for the purpose of making profits. So many people get hung up on the "profit" part, and it completely misses the point...

The guy in the video might claim he just likes to collect and fix up old guns and then sell them... Maybe he does. Maybe that is just the "loophole" he came up with to pretend that buying up cheap guns and selling them at a table at flea markets and gunshows to supplement his income is legit. I don't know the guy, so who can say.

But apparently the ATF saw enough that they questioned his motives and actions...

You are hung up on the profit part too. Nowhere in the regulations is profit mentioned. If you can find it post a link. There is not a quantity sold either. If he admits to buying guns fixing them and selling them then that is the definition of dealing. Avoiding background checks is bad as is selling to felons. Buying a gun or guns specifically for resale is dealing. Read question one of the 4473.

Warning issued with no proof of wrongdoing

Here's the agent's number if anyone wants her side of the story.
upload_2020-10-26_15-32-42.png

Back
Top Bottom