• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATF agent accuses Columbus Police of excessive force

bekphnqftcb41.jpg

Why the hell would they hold him after examining his credentials and establishing that he was, in fact, a federal agent?

Something doesn't sound right. Maybe somebody involved is a former brother-in-law? Can't think of any other reason why the cops would risk their careers on jamming this guy up.

Why the hell would they hold him after examining his credentials and establishing that he was, in fact, a federal agent?

Something doesn't sound right. Maybe somebody involved is a former brother-in-law? Can't think of any other reason why the cops would risk their careers on jamming this guy up.
Adrenalin fueled stupidity?

Lol what is this, the early to mid 1900s
No. In this current era of higher than normal elevated racial sensitivity/mistrust, when there might be both a chocolate and a vanilla ice cream flavor involved, you might possibly have a clue as to why one or the other acted the way they did. Just saying. Thanks.

Maybe it went like this. Mr. ATF pretty much has a constant hard-on for perps cuz well...he's the ****in' ATF! He's constantly on edge though because his gig is not all kickin' in do's and mackin' on ho's like the movies told him so he tends to get aggravated pretty quickly. When performing his nanny state task of taking a shotgun away from a person who probably bought it "legally" and passed a check by the magical phone call and then later was determined to not have Constitutional rights, he gets even more agro when shotgun boy tells him to get ****ed and come back with a warrant. Then s-boy goes one better and calls the local law and says there's a crazy guy with a gun banging on his door acting like he's a Fed or something. Local Po gets dispatched to possible armed home intruder impersonating an officer. They roll up and Mr. ATF is all, "Don't you know who I am?! I'm the gotdam ATF!" And the cops are like, "Get on the ground!" Training and all. ATF continues talking a little trash and acting superior, earning him a few thousand volts and some bracelets. The he gets all butthurt about "muh rights" and "excessive force" and "I'm gonna sue"...or something like that. At any rate, wouldn't it make sense for a lone federal agent to at least make local PD aware when serving a warrant or performing a search and seizure in their jurisdiction? Maybe even ask the locals to ride along so they can see how the "big boys" roll? Just saying...

Maybe it went like this. Mr. ATF pretty much has a constant hard-on for perps cuz well...he's the ****in' ATF! He's constantly on edge though because his gig is not all kickin' in do's and mackin' on ho's like the movies told him so he tends to get aggravated pretty quickly. When performing his nanny state task of taking a shotgun away from a person who probably bought it "legally" and passed a check by the magical phone call and then later was determined to not have Constitutional rights, he gets even more agro when shotgun boy tells him to get ****ed and come back with a warrant. Then s-boy goes one better and calls the local law and says there's a crazy guy with a gun banging on his door acting like he's a Fed or something. Local Po gets dispatched to possible armed home intruder impersonating an officer. They roll up and Mr. ATF is all, "Don't you know who I am?! I'm the gotdam ATF!" And the cops are like, "Get on the ground!" Training and all. ATF continues talking a little trash and acting superior, earning him a few thousand volts and some bracelets. The he gets all butthurt about "muh rights" and "excessive force" and "I'm gonna sue"...or something like that. At any rate, wouldn't it make sense for a lone federal agent to at least make local PD aware when serving a warrant or performing a search and seizure in their jurisdiction? Maybe even ask the locals to ride along so they can see how the "big boys" roll? Just saying...
Yeah it’s called a courtesy call

Looks like both were "plain vanilla" ice cream to me.

View attachment 2975969

But, seriously, this agent's sloppy-casual dress would make me think he was not a real cop either.
Federal agents and detectives should dress like you expect a detective to dress,
not like a newspaper delivery boy.

When I was with the DAs office I repeatedly suggested to the local drug task force that they not raid peoples' homes dressed like bums,
in jeans and T-shirts.
Just because they have a badge hanging on their belt (or a police I.D. dangling around their neck) doesn't negate the fact that they don't really look like cops.
Watch... ATF higher-ups will start issuing uniforms to their agents now. No more jeans and t-shirts.

Back
Top Bottom