• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Astrophotography

I took this photo of the Lagoon Nebula a couple of weeks ago. I was reading a post on an astronomy forum where another person took a picture of the Lagoon recently and pointed out two asteroids in his photo and I thought the small streaks looked familiar. The asteroids are (64) Angelina and (974) Lioba. This picture is around 1.5 hours worth of exposure. A satellite would streak all the way across the frame in a few seconds.
Tab has notes to point out asteroids, full resolution is plain image.

Full resolution:
https://www.astrobin.com/full/8ravwf/0/

Attachments

• C9F8AF0E-79B8-48AC-B5C6-61978BCB8D50.jpeg
    C9F8AF0E-79B8-48AC-B5C6-61978BCB8D50.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 106
Im about two miles out of Baxley, SE GA. Pretty dark skies, I get behind my shop to avoid street lights in my yard. Baxley's light pollution foot print is considerably smaller than the Atlanta area or other large cities[/QU
I can resolve individual stars for most of the larger/closer globulars. I havent imaged one in a while, but it is on my to do list. M13 is available spring / early summer, so it will probably be next. I am a fan of globular clusters, especially viewing visually through a scope.
My son is Westcliff,Co. 9,000 ft. up in the rockies living off grid.His area is a desigated dark zone,no lights on outside and the air is so clear people can view space.

I took this photo of the Lagoon Nebula a couple of weeks ago. I was reading a post on an astronomy forum where another person took a picture of the Lagoon recently and pointed out two asteroids in his photo and I thought the small streaks looked familiar. The asteroids are (64) Angelina and (974) Lioba. This picture is around 1.5 hours worth of exposure. A satellite would streak all the way across the frame in a few seconds.
Tab has notes to point out asteroids, full resolution is plain image.

Full resolution:
https://www.astrobin.com/full/8ravwf/0/
whats the short white streak at the top of the pic, just to the right of center? a spaceship?

Back
Top Bottom