• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

As you age

I know that feeling it sucks. I tore mine about 2 years ago while I was a D1 athlete I had to have surgery as the muscle tore complete off the bone then rolled all the way up into buttocks (hammies are like rubber-bands) continue moving on it getting blood flow to the injured spot, elevate, ice, DON’T STRETCH as you probably have micro tears in the others and if it’s just strained it will make it worse. I would go get an MRI if I were you.

I always went after it like fightin fire, wide a$$ open, My Dad told me one day. Son, if you live long enough, you will slow down whether or not you want to or not. I can promise you that.

Wise Man! I remember talking with him at baseball games when me and Billy played farm league ball.

Probably smart :becky:

LOL Smart Man right there!
Y’all are joking, right? lol!

I always went after it like fightin fire, wide a$$ open, My Dad told me one day. Son, if you live long enough, you will slow down whether or not you want to or not. I can promise you that.
That was me 30 years ago and I had the same advice given to me by my Dad. I’ll be 62 next month and I can’t even take my dog on a decent walk now, should’ve listened to my Dad. 30 years ago I was beating guys in arm wrestling that out weighed me by 100lbs, now I have trouble lifting a 35lb bag of dog food. I was strong as hell for my size and always felt a need to prove it, and I did till I blew out 3 discs in a row at the same time at 39 years old. Yep, damn sure wish I had listened to Dad, but I thought I knew it all. Ugh....

Y’all are joking, right? lol!

That was me 30 years ago and I had the same advice given to me by my Dad. I’ll be 62 next month and I can’t even take my dog on a decent walk now, should’ve listened to my Dad. 30 years ago I was beating guys in arm wrestling that out weighed me by 100lbs, now I have trouble lifting a 35lb bag of dog food. I was strong as hell for my size and always felt a need to prove it, and I did till I blew out 3 discs in a row at the same time at 39 years old. Yep, damn sure wish I had listened to Dad, but I thought I knew it all. Ugh....
Hence your name..

Pic attached is from my racing my 22 y/o college football playing son ....... slapping hands and he ruptured my UCL and completely dislocated my thumb. $$$ & much pain later later I realize I’m not young anymore ..... all that **** for a $20 race.......

F119FC3A-011D-4566-A129-872C03D3A8FA.jpeg

I did something similar years ago. A rubberized thigh support to keep it warm and advil really helped. As mentioned above, you do need to move it to help it from freezing up and to help the bruise dissipate. A TENS unit might help too.

Never be convinced you can do things like you did “just a while ago”
We were rained out last Sunday and running the race on Sunday. So racers gonna race... right.
Decided to race a much younger man for 30 yards... took one step and my hamstring blew out and my leg collapsed out from under me.
Felt like I took a shot gun blast to the thigh and hip. Really thought I broke the hip “ball” off my pelvic bone.
Had to be helped to my trailer.
Moral of the story is. If you don’t stay active enough things quit working like they did “just a little while ago”

Me being as hard headed as I am I hobbled around all day, and made several rounds before I got beat out of the four classes I was racing in. Probably not the smartest move on my part, but I’ll be damned if I was slinking away, pride was hurt the most and I had to show I wasn’t a *****. LOL

This is what the back of my leg looks like now, but goes up another few inches.View attachment 2894041

Wow. Hope you get better soon.

Good advice - got stay active but be reasonable with what you can do. We're getting older whether we notice it or not.

Depending on how much you continue to bleed out/ severity of rupture proximal hamstring...... may want to get an ortho doc to look?? Typically toe touch weight bearing (crutches) a bunch of soft tissue work, no hamstring stretching (active)/but do stretch calves & hip flexors 4 weeks...... getting older ain’t for sissy’s

Back
Top Bottom