• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

As you age

Never be convinced you can do things like you did “just a while ago”
We were rained out last Sunday and running the race on Sunday. So racers gonna race... right.
Decided to race a much younger man for 30 yards... took one step and my hamstring blew out and my leg collapsed out from under me.
Felt like I took a shot gun blast to the thigh and hip. Really thought I broke the hip “ball” off my pelvic bone.
Had to be helped to my trailer.
Moral of the story is. If you don’t stay active enough things quit working like they did “just a little while ago”

Me being as hard headed as I am I hobbled around all day, and made several rounds before I got beat out of the four classes I was racing in. Probably not the smartest move on my part, but I’ll be damned if I was slinking away, pride was hurt the most and I had to show I wasn’t a *****. LOL

This is what the back of my leg looks like now, but goes up another few inches.View attachment 2894041
Ouch. That picture reminds me of my dad's leg a few years back. He used to water ski a lot when he was in college. So, when a friend offered to take us skiing that summer he said yes -- at 60-ish years old. The boat took off and he got up, but then lost his balance and sat down hard, blowing out a huge vein in his thigh.

No more running for me. The bulged disc gives me hell afterward. Also no squat or deadlifts heavier than 225.......:( The last time I ran on a treadmill this year was one mile in 9 minutes...I wasn't really pushing it either. A month later I still felt it.

Back
Top Bottom