Ken Ford

Default rank 5000+ posts
Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
175   0
Reaction score
Never be convinced you can do things like you did “just a while ago”
We were rained out last Sunday and running the race on Sunday. So racers gonna race... right.
Decided to race a much younger man for 30 yards... took one step and my hamstring blew out and my leg collapsed out from under me.
Felt like I took a shot gun blast to the thigh and hip. Really thought I broke the hip “ball” off my pelvic bone.
Had to be helped to my trailer.
Moral of the story is. If you don’t stay active enough things quit working like they did “just a little while ago”

Me being as hard headed as I am I hobbled around all day, and made several rounds before I got beat out of the four classes I was racing in. Probably not the smartest move on my part, but I’ll be damned if I was slinking away, pride was hurt the most and I had to show I wasn’t a bitch. LOL

This is what the back of my leg looks like now, but goes up another few inches.
409A4058-A5C0-411C-97AE-21B38415DD58.jpeg

I'm living proof of these facts .

Use to not think twice about it . Now I must be honest with myself ,since I'll be paying the price if I'm not letting pride go.
I will get back in shape and get back in the Gym. And I will challenge same guy to a race next year. Won’t be a sprint...LOL

Things change for sure. A lot of my problem is I just don’t want to do what I used to. I know slowing also feeds on itself and before you know it you don’t feel as good. Staying active is no doubt very important

Back
Top Bottom