• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Army core of engineers property and carry?

If by "firsthand" have I been directly involved, no. I do know people who have been gigged for carrying long guns on Clarks Hill and Russell. As far as I know they all had to go back to their vehicle and leave it there.

Those border lakes are extra tricky because SC has different rules about having a gun in a boat, the SC DNR strictly enforces their rules, and you have to know where the state line is in the middle of a 79,000 acre lake. If you are going from Point A in GA to Point B in Georgia, but cross the state line, you are subject to SC while in SC.

Good to know.

Anyone else know anyone busted for carrying concealed on Corp land?

I was “busted” for carrying at Lake Lanier at Sardis Park. I was sitting out about 9 pm enjoying the cool night air all alone and a park ranger came up to aske me what was on my hip. Although my weapon was concealed on my right hip, my flash light, spare magazine holder and knife were visible on my left hip. He then asked if I was armed and I said yes. He Informed me that it was illegal and I had to leave or he would notify Hall County Sheriff Office.
He then went on to explain about its Army land -separate from Govt. property. He did explain also that I could write to the Corps of Engineering and request permission. I got off the property quickly. I wrote a letter to both regions that cover all the Corps property in Georgia. I made a photo copy for EACH of my vehicles and whenever I travel to a lake now , I only carry concealed per the specific instructions.
It took about 4-5 weeks to get the 2 separate letters and they are good for 5 years. Thanks to the good folks at Georgia Carry.Org for the information and their work sorting out the procedure.

I was “busted” for carrying at Lake Lanier at Sardis Park. I was sitting out about 9 pm enjoying the cool night air all alone and a park ranger came up to aske me what was on my hip. Although my weapon was concealed on my right hip, my flash light, spare magazine holder and knife were visible on my left hip. He then asked if I was armed and I said yes. He Informed me that it was illegal and I had to leave or he would notify Hall County Sheriff Office.
He then went on to explain about its Army land -separate from Govt. property. He did explain also that I could write to the Corps of Engineering and request permission. I got off the property quickly. I wrote a letter to both regions that cover all the Corps property in Georgia. I made a photo copy for EACH of my vehicles and whenever I travel to a lake now , I only carry concealed per the specific instructions.
It took about 4-5 weeks to get the 2 separate letters and they are good for 5 years. Thanks to the good folks at Georgia Carry.Org for the information and their work sorting out the procedure.
Good information, thanks.

My letter.

O mighty, righteous and all knowing king of the army corps lands.
Please grant thy permission to allow my peasant self and peasant family to defend ourselves in the event of some ********ED NUTBALL STARTS SHOOTING UP INNOCENT PEOPLE IN YOUR EVER SACRED CORP LAND THAT YOU DEEM SO IMPORTANT THAT ALTHOUGH ITS IN A PRO GUN STATE, THE RULES MIGHT AS WELL BE FROM NEW YORK CITY SINCE OBVIOUSLY THE SECOND AMMENDMENT MEANS NOTHING TO YOU....SO IN RETURN, YOUR EDICTS MEAN NOTHING TO ME.
Oh thank you your gracious, all knowing ruler of all that is good and just for we all know that ZERO TOLERANCE TRUMPS COMMON SENSE EVERY TIME.
Now GFY!....because I will avoid your land altogether and take my peasant family to other noble lands until you change your tyrannical ways.

Sincerely,
Stupid farmer.

Back
Top Bottom