• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Armorers wrench for Aero BAR barrel nut?

rmb clicks

Default rank <100 posts Supporter
Hunter
33   0
Reaction score
What wrench can I use for the Aero BAR barrel nut (the one needed for the Aero Precision Enhanced M-LOK handguards when mating to a standard threaded receiver). The BAR barrel nut has 4 holes, and the magpul wrench does not line up with them. From the Aero instructions (bar-barrel-nut-instructions.indd (aeroprecisionusa.com) ), they show the Tapco armorers tool, but it looks like that is discontinued and I can't find it anywhere.

Has anyone installed the Aero BAR barrel nut, and if so, what wrench did you use?

Depending on the quality of the armorer's wrench and the tolerance of the three barrel nut risers/posts, often it is a shot in the dark. However, one particular armorer's wrench that fits great is the AimSports version, and the cheapest place to get it is from DSArms.com at $18.95 plus S/H.

https://dsarms.com/p-16954-aim-sports-ar15-m4-m16-armorers-wrench-black.aspx

A few pics below to show the perfect fit for the Aero BAR barrel nut. Although this wrench is made in China, it is the best I have found and I purchased several more expensive wrenches before finding this one. It is now the one I use more than any of the other "higher dollar" versions.

AimSports_ArmorersWrench1.jpg

AimSports_ArmorersWrench2.jpg

AimSports_ArmorersWrench3.jpg

AimSports_ArmorersWrench4.jpg

Depending on the quality of the armorer's wrench and the tolerance of the three barrel nut risers/posts, often it is a shot in the dark. However, one particular armorer's wrench that fits great is the AimSports version, and the cheapest place to get it is from DSArms.com at $18.95 plus S/H.

A few pics below to show the perfect fit for the Aero BAR barrel nut. Although this wrench is made in China, it is the best I have found and I purchased several more expensive wrenches before finding this one. It is now the one I use more than any of the other "higher dollar" versions.

Thank you! I was hoping someone had something they knew worked, as its hard to tell from pictures online what may or may not work. I'll order one of those.

View attachment 3071930

View attachment 3071931

View attachment 3071932

View attachment 3071933

Looks to be the same wrench I bought years ago under the ncstar name.
Cheap tool ,but works well !

Back
Top Bottom