• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are you prepared for ice and snow this weekend????

Gased up all vehicles ! Got gas for generator and let it run about 5 minutes! Wife had to have 2 gallons milk ! Going to split a load firewood and put downstairs in case need fire if loose power. Put roll of hay day n pen for goats! Ready to go! Going to put a ham bone and great northern beans in crockpot and cook up cornbread to have good meal for Saturday night and leftovers Sunday!

I think the kids are going to be pissed when they have a snow day on a day school is already out...lol

Not to say they won't enjoy the snow, but it's always more enjoyable when you know it's also causing you to miss school. Although, do snow days just become virtual days in the post COVID world?

93347518-042F-4397-A7A2-3B536C6351BA.gif

Heck, I forgot all about the impending doom until the wife sent me to Publix to grab her prescription. Even after seeing the parking lot full it didn't hit me. Once inside the prescription wasn't ready so I took a pass through the store. It was only when I walked down the bread and the frozen pizza aisle that I remembered we were apparently approaching Armageddon.

This is our first winter in the mountains. If the wind get anywhere close to what they are predicting we will loose power for days. We loose power about once a month without any snow. Generator service in November and it runs every Wed evening for 15 minutes. Gas Inc just topped off both 200 lb propane tanks , I have 3 extra 20 pounders tanks for the grill and one 100 pound just in case. Batteries for lanterns are fully charged and plenty of milk and bread. Bring it on.

Back
Top Bottom