• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are you buying or finishing?

I am hoping things cool off instead of getting too bad. We are on the verdge of being able to do the move to a nice chunk of ground out of the city life. But i am afraid its gonna go south before i can get there.
We are pretty well ready for where we are, there are a few more things i would like to do. I want a solar set up.
And i have been looking at getting a couple of big water tanks set up in the back yard here. Like the ones people put on trailers for pressure washing ? 200-300 gal i think?

I am hoping things cool off instead of getting too bad. We are on the verdge of being able to do the move to a nice chunk of ground out of the city life. But i am afraid its gonna go south before i can get there.
We are pretty well ready for where we are, there are a few more things i would like to do. I want a solar set up.
And i have been looking at getting a couple of big water tanks set up in the back yard here. Like the ones people put on trailers for pressure washing ? 200-300 gal i think?
Well if it ever gets to hot there this is a good option. A group of prepared people could get so deep in the woods they could literally disappear. I am think of getting one of those Nano 7 self trackers for doing some recon on those old logging trails. I would like to have a place in mind just in case. Plus old logging trails are a blast to get some 4×4 action in.

A nice rocky overhang next to a underground spring would make a nice temp shelter. Man it's crazy, you get to thinking about this stuff and your mind just goes into overdrive. I think I had enough Red Dawn tonight.LOL or whatever color dawn.

Well if it ever gets to hot there this is a good option. A group of prepared people could get so deep in the woods they could literally disappear. I am think of getting one of those Nano 7 self trackers for doing some recon on those old logging trails. I would like to have a place in mind just in case. Plus old logging trails are a blast to get some 4×4 action in.
1632010025332.jpeg

Sign me up, I’ll hump it up that hill just as soon as I finish my donut.

I wish I could go solar but Virginia is a non solar state. They literally suck at everything you could use to save money. Georgia is light years ahead of the curve. You got all kinds of opportunities we don't. I Thought for sure up in the Mountains we could have solar power. The light shines right on my back door. Ideal for solar panels. Nobody could complain about the view I have a fat tree to block the view but still the sun would hit it full blast. There's enough laws against stuff like that really grind at ones soul.

I have family in VA that have solar. VA has solar programs. Perhaps it's the county you're in? Also, check if they forbid solar at all or if they just require your house to be attached to their grid. If it's the latter, you can still have solar panels and will actually get paid by the power company for any excess electricity your panels generate.

It could be just Bedford County. I will have to dig a little more digging. It could be a complete off grid system is ok as long you produce enough to maintain. It could also have to do with City Limits. I just went off what she said and time it as gospel just by the tone I could tell she didn't approve of whatever restrictions I fall under. Maybe a few panels in the back yard. I will investigate!

It is our Power Provider. It Bedford Power a little power co. Probably drawing of a bigger grid but maintaining it's system here in this county. I went in and did one of the Solar Power install estimates. They called back and I ask what exactly is the problem. He explained it's a all at the discretion of your power source as to if it ok or no-K.

Back
Top Bottom