• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are we supposed to cheer this?

3M is turning down Florida’s Director of Emergency Management’s bids of 10-20x pre-covid prices, while 3M claims to be producing 100 million masks/month. 3M is instead selling them to foreign countries, presumably for more $. Maybe DHHS should nationalize 3M? Why are they stepping over dollars to pick up pennies? Maybe DHHS should nationalize everything so we don’t have to worry about Bob in his garage ever having more than his fair share of anything.
why? its their company and their product

only thing i think would be even close to legal/acceptable is to suspend their patent rights on the n95 mask until the "crisis" is over

tell you what, after this all government contracts with 3M should be cancelled and if you want to boycott them feel free to, i wont be using any more of their 3M spray or hanging materials in my day to day work if i can help it (i wont buy it)

I don't like it one bit, but if the Hospital needs it I can see why. Thousands of masks! C'mon now even the most crazy prepper I know does not hoard that many for personal use.

Sh@t I gave all of my mine to local nurses
dude is more than likely one of the numerous residents of the welfare hasidic population in new york

https://www.foxnews.com/us/insular-...e-customs-as-legal-and-social-pressures-build

one of many stories about this kind of thing. a minority group bands together, doesnt work, and lives off the welfare and gov. its easy to engage in schemes like this if you dont work for a living after all, and they have no shame about it most of the time (In fact alot of the perpetual welfare types take a certain pride in having everyone pay for them, its ****ing disgusting)

EF7423BF-7292-4303-8BF9-1085A35970B9.jpeg

I don't like it one bit, but if the Hospital needs it I can see why. Thousands of masks! C'mon now even the most crazy prepper I know does not hoard that many for personal use.

Sh@t I gave all of my mine to local nurses
The article uses “hoarding” incorrectly. The guy wasn’t hoarding. He wasn’t hoarding but, marketing and selling the masks at upwards of 700% markup. Hoarders generally consume for personal desire.

eminent domain applies to personal property and not land now?

holy **** thats a stretch

The government has always been able to seize personal property and give scrip in payment during war time. Horses, cattle, other livestock and foodstuff during the 19th century wars, means of production during the 20th century. The "seizure clause" was directed mostly at personal property, which is what 18th century governments mostly seized, not real property. The purposes for which most real property is taken under eminent domain were not common in the 18th century.

Hoarding to flip for profit
is what this news story is about.
And it is virtually certain the authorities only learned about the hoarding by seeing the "for sale" ads.

QUOTE FROM ARTICLE: "If you are amassing critical medical equipment for the purpose of selling it at exorbitant prices, you can expect a knock at your door,” Attorney General Bill Barr said."
Make that no-knock, at 4am. They may need you for a labor brigade somewhere. Some of them may be horny and want you, your wife , sons and daughters for a quickie. Does anyone believe that once in they will not take anything they want? Anything is possible. We have seen an ascension of sociopaths in government at all levels, like mushrooms that come out after a rain when conditions are right, sociopaths thrive in the same environment.

At what point are they going to want to give us "Fair market value" for our ammo?

Ammo? What Ammo? :)

An individual having 192,000 N95 masks??? We have ER workers on the ODT pleading to purchase them, & other ER workers making their own?

I just thought .22 ammo flippers (back in the day) made me mad...:mad:

Back
Top Bottom