• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are we supposed to cheer this?

I don't like it one bit, but if the Hospital needs it I can see why. Thousands of masks! C'mon now even the most crazy prepper I know does not hoard that many for personal use.

Sh@t I gave all of my mine to local nurses

How about this?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/florida-emergency-official-3m-selling-masks-overseas

Florida’s emergency management director says 3M will only sell masks through US distributors, who are only selling them to foreign countries, while turning down his bids of 10-20x per mask pricing. So while the .gov is imminent domaining citizens’ stashes, 3M is producing 100 million/month that they apparently won’t sell to our gov’t.

eminent domain applies to personal property and not land now?

holy **** thats a stretch
No, no it isn't. I should have used quotes when I said it was "constitutional". Remember, we are living in a post-constitutional U.S., courtesy of SCOTUS.

https://www.abajournal.com/news/art...y_requires_compensation_scotus_rules_in_major

Takings clause applies to personal property, SCOTUS rules in 'major blow' to set-aside programs

The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that the Fifth Amendment’s takings clause requires the government to pay compensation for takings of personal property.

The court ruled in the case of raisin producers contesting a government set-aside program. SCOTUSblog calls the decision (PDF) “a major blow to government’s program of trying to boost prices by keeping crops off the market.”

Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. wrote the majority opinion, which was joined in full by Justices Antonin Scalia, Anthony M. Kennedy, Clarence Thomas and Samuel A. Alito Jr. Three other justices agreed that the set-aside program was a taking, but disagreed on valuation.

The government’s duty to pay just compensation applies to personal property as well as real property, Roberts said. “The government has a categorical duty to pay just compensation when it takes your car, just as when it takes your home,” Roberts wrote.

Paying the asshat pre coved-19 prices,,, They have been watching this jerk for over 2weeks selling stuff 5 times the price or even higher
3M is turning down Florida’s Director of Emergency Management’s bids of 10-20x pre-covid prices, while 3M claims to be producing 100 million masks/month. 3M is instead selling them to foreign countries, presumably for more $. Maybe DHHS should nationalize 3M? Why are they stepping over dollars to pick up pennies? Maybe DHHS should nationalize everything so we don’t have to worry about Bob in his garage ever having more than his fair share of anything.

3M is turning down Florida’s Director of Emergency Management’s bids of 10-20x pre-covid prices, while 3M claims to be producing 100 million masks/month. 3M is instead selling them to foreign countries, presumably for more $. Maybe DHHS should nationalize 3M? Why are they stepping over dollars to pick up pennies? Maybe DHHS should nationalize everything so we don’t have to worry about Bob in his garage ever having more than his fair share of anything.

Wait let me make sure I sold all 3m stock, yep I did feel free to nationalize.

Back
Top Bottom