• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are there any Yamaha Vmax motorcycle owners on ODT

Funny how riding styles have changed since Corps!
60037870816__C85E8BE6-D1AA-4EB9-A8D3-D2D25225D32F.jpeg

I also read that the wobble in the turns. Some company makes carbon fiber kit with braces that firm up the chassis. A must if you lf you like lf you like the turns. I opted out for thaf reason. They are wicked looking bikes but if you have to add kits to keep them stable then there is a design flaw.

O8
Had a 92 VMax, could not keep rear tires on it. Death wobble is no joke. Great on straight roads. Never had any issues with it, other than keeping it near the speed limit.
Carbon fiber frame bracing kit is a must. Attach two pieces of the frame together on both sides it also has a a piece that goes somewhere in the middle under the seat I believe but they say it really takes a lot of that bubble out of there and makes it a lot more enjoyable to drive. It's really it's really not that expensive considering you're dealing with carbon fiber parts. I just looked up some of the kids it seems like they're also doing them out of aluminum and Dome Steel and the steel one which is the one I would opt for would be $307 and that's dumb Steel which is pretty strong stuff when it comes to strengthening frames. I also saw several aluminum Fork braces as well which would cut down on some of the wobble and they're not expensive at all either. Salad safe for $500 you could strengthen the the whole bike up to where you could stand on it you wouldn't have to worry about the wobble. I know if I bought one that would be the first thing I would do because that that in itself would would cause me to back out of a deal if I didn't have a and the option of string head frame and taking out that dangerous wobble.

I said it once and I'll say it again they are one mean looking bike. This the lines the scoops that was the whole package just make that buy a piece of art. Yeah there are faster and you know more expensive bikes but they all look the same they just look like one crotch rocket looks like the same but just a different name on it and that that's not very attracted to me. When you step on one of those Vmax has and fire it up whole ground shakes. I'd like to get more to put a big honking turbo on there. They asked if it could be done without messing up the lines of the bike.

I said it once and I'll say it again they are one mean looking bike. This the lines the scoops that was the whole package just make that buy a piece of art. Yeah there are faster and you know more expensive bikes but they all look the same they just look like one crotch rocket looks like the same but just a different name on it and that that's not very attracted to me. When you step on one of those Vmax has and fire it up whole ground shakes. I'd like to get more to put a big honking turbo on there. They asked if it could be done without messing up the lines of the bike.
That thing would be SCARY with a turbo on it. I know you could handle it though man!

I know this is an older thread but I just saw it and thought I’d jump in here.

I had a Gen 1 and just got a Gen 2. Absolutely love these bikes. Pull into a gas station with other bikers and the Vmax is guaranteed to draw a crowd. The Gen 1 is fun but has plenty of quirks. The Gen 2 is an absolute BEAST and is also much more refined. Prices have come way down on both Gens. Great time to pick up a very unique bike.

Did you ever get one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom