• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are there any Yamaha Vmax motorcycle owners on ODT

So which are the best years I should be looking for? I haven't been hip with the bike seen since high school so I will need some guidance here.

So essentially as far as the Gen 1 is concerned, I'd say from 1993 up. Yamaha had seemed to had worked out the 2nd gear issues that plagued the bikes from the mid-late 80's. I have zero experience with the Gen 2... I believe that all the Gen 2's are the same??? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that. I'd love to own a Gen 2 as well. I sold a turbo Hayabusa about 9 years ago and moved to a Ducati 1098 when it came out. My current bike is a S1000RR HP4 that never gets ridden. I don't do track days and in no way consider myself to be a track guy, which kind of defeats the purpose of owning the HP4. It's just cool to own I guess. Way too brutal for the streets.

If I just find one local that needed some tender loving care I would jump all over it. Living in Virginia everything worth anything is a million miles away. I will keep looking and I am bound to run into one at some point. It will make for a nice little project and be cheaper than doing a whole car.

Where in Virginia are you now?

I saw Eddie Lawson and Kenny Roberts riding double on one of these....doing laps at Laguna Seca that were only 6-8 seconds slower than the race bikes...back in the 80's

I had a buddy that bought one new in 88 when we graduated. He could ride a bike and wasn’t scared to twist the throttle. The bike was super fast, tire melter. He later died young from a heart attack. I always figured the bikes would have gotten him.

I own a nice black Yamaha Vmax motorcycle! Which color is your motto? A month ago I received my motorbike Yamaha V-Max. The Yamaha V-Max, (called VMAX after 2009), is a cruiser motorcycle made by Yamaha since 1985, known for its powerful 70° V4 engine, shaft drive, and distinctive styling. I simply love it with all my heart and the company that shipped it to me was a motorcycle transport service. They did their job great and fast. So thankful now that I can ride my bike wherever I want whenever I like.

Had a 92 VMax, could not keep rear tires on it. Death wobble is no joke. Great on straight roads. Never had any issues with it, other than keeping it near the speed limit.

Similar to a previous post, a buddy had one in the Corps early 90's and we'd swap bikes occasionally. I had a Nighthawk 750 at the time.
The Max was always fun to play around on. Brutal power and was great on the Myrtle Beach strip back in the day. Damn we picked up a ton of T&A back then. Great mameries I tell yeah!!!
A coworker has one currently and just bought a new house. I'll ask if he's interested in selling it. I don't know the year but it's very clean and in great shape.
These days I'm spoiled with my bucket list bike. It fits my riding style perfectly and is a great machine.
I'm about to take a two plus week trip on her.
IMG_20190415_121221269.jpg
IMG_20190322_150833595.jpg

Back
Top Bottom