• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are there any cheap gas grills that aren't....

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
.... worth throwing away?

So frustrating. I had an old (2 burner Char Broil I think) that was the old black, cast iron look alike, that literally lasted over 15 years. I should have simply replaced the guts and kept it but I thought I 'needed' a new one. Made the mistake of buying a new 4 burner stainless Char Broil 2 or 3 years ago and it's a complete piece of garbage (and was since day one). Hot spots galore and pathetic heat retention. At the moment it's the opposite problem and barely puts out anything. I'm done with it.
We are NOT big grillers. Just burgers, dogs, chicken, occasionally fish. Seriously can't remember the last time we grilled a steak. Just want something that will heat evenly and last (I always keep them covered) a reasonable amount of time.

s-l500.jpg

Not gas, but would work.

raw

We're the same kind of grill user and am in dire need of a new one that can also be switched to NG.

Subscribed.

Sounds like a George Foreman would fit the bill for you girls that don't grill.

Seriously - they make a big one. I use a small one all the time for quick burgers and chicken and hotdogs inside but use charcoal for outdoor cooking.
https://www.amazon.com/George-Forem...ocphy=9010953&hvtargid=pla-274047562688&psc=1
LOL. No, just no. I actually have one of the larger indoor models we bought for the cabin. While I guess it's better than using Xray vision, electric grilling meat is just a big 'no'. Must have fire.

I had one of the Char-Broil 360s your list has as Best Overall. It was a good grill and lasted 8-9 years if I remember right.

Some of the propane dealers sell grills in their showroom. They do not sell the cheap stuff carried by the big box stores. You might try one of those dealers.......Oh, and ask for Hank.

Back
Top Bottom