• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are gun shows worth going to now?

I went to one in Rossville this weekend and I didn't pass from the gate. An old man outside told me son it isn't worth the 8 bucks they are asking for there's like 15 pistols in the whole building and surplus and things nobody wants. I just took a peak through the door and was like the old man said I kept my 8 bucks nothing to see supposedly there's one in camp jordan near bass pro Chattanooga this weekend

If he wants to look at guns, and maybe hold a few to see what he likes, $10-$12, or whatever the cost of admission may be worth it. If he is looking to purchase, look elsewhere. I would not go if there is a large crowd. It will kill the enjoyment of simply looking around.

I have not attended a show this year, but I still enjoy gun shows. The only deals I look for are for used guns, and I find good deals sometimes.

I went to one in Rossville this weekend and I didn't pass from the gate. An old man outside told me son it isn't worth the 8 bucks they are asking for there's like 15 pistols in the whole building and surplus and things nobody wants. I just took a peak through the door and was like the old man said I kept my 8 bucks nothing to see supposedly there's one in camp jordan near bass pro Chattanooga this weekend

Dang that's depressing.

Do you want to catch Covid-19, then yes, go to a gun show.

What I would expect at a gun show this year.
Crowded as ****.
$1/round for 9mm, over a buck a round for rifle calibers.
Beef jerky and T-shirts
Lots of other crap you don't need
Cool knives
Custom holsters and leather stuff

Better to stay away and buy your stuff online and have it delivered to your house.

Hey don't forget the glazed Almonds!!

Not for me, nor would I think for any other well season shooter that has the bare necessities that they need to continue to stay safe and pursue their hobby.
But I would recommend a gun show for any newbie-- some of these people that want to buy their first gun during this Covid panic with the specter of race riots and all that.

The RK show down at the airport is usually decent. Everything else I have been to in the past few years is sadness and depression. I always look at the tables the little guys have because occasionally you can find something unusual and a deal or 2.

Back
Top Bottom